Camera Doesn't Record Anymore

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
dljone1

Camera Doesn't Record Anymore

Post by dljone1 »

I have an IP2m-841 camera. It has been monitoring my front door for a couple of years.

Recently, I had tried to playback recorded history. This feature has worked in the past but does not work now.

How do I troubleshoot this? Is the recording media bad?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Camera Doesn't Record Anymore

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Happy 4th....

Sorry to hear your having issues. Good to hear you have had good service from your camera. I am going to just guess but it could be that your SD card has failed. I would try and remove the SD card and see if you can DL direct to your computer. Every so often these cards can go bad. I am not sure if your Camera is outside or inside but it could be issue with bad pad or the whole card? Does the Camera work as it should? Do you have it setup to tell you if there is no media? or no space?

Be Safe
James
Be Safe.
SamLesten

Post by SamLesten »

Have you checked your flash disk?
mromamcrest

Post by mromamcrest »

dljone1,

I recommend to start by looking at the micro SD Card.

Is it being detected by the camera?

Has the SD card been pulled out for any reason?

First, see if an SD card is being detect and performing a format if it is. The article below will cover the how to format in detail.

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... croSD-Card

If this does not resolve it , then try pulling out the card and then reinserting the card. this process can be referred as to re-seating the card and used as a troubleshooting step for other products.

From there consider replacing the micro SD card with a known working SD card. Brand new can work as well but that doesn't rule out a faulty SD card coming out of the box.

Lastly, please reach out to us at [email protected] to finish troubleshooting and making final recommendations on the camera itself.
dljone1

Post by dljone1 »

I have a second camera (it's been offline temporarily) with a working SD card. Can I just use this one in the functioning camera? Do I need to re-format it?
dljone1

Post by dljone1 »

I replaced the SD card and that seemed to fix it.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am glad you were able to get things working for you....

Happy Holidays..
Be Safe.
jhzab46

Post by jhzab46 »

I unplug an indoor camera when I am home. When I plug it back in when we are leaving I have to go Configuration Center, select Date & Time, select camera and select system time, Sync Phone. It will start recording with the correct date and time and you will be able to play back the recording. When you power off a camera for any length of time, the date and time is a very old date and time.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@jhzab46 It sounds like you might want to take your camera to a Repair center and have them replace the backup battery that is in your camera. Not sure what one your talking about however if it is the one that the OP was talking about in 2019 then that camera does have a battery on the PCB for memory of clock and the battery is on the top of the PCB so it would need to be removed from the base. The battery is very small and unless someone normally keeps them in stock might be hard to find someone that has them because they are Solder on PCB and very small and not one that normally is used for other devices.
Be Safe.