Camera disconnects when using PTZ

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Kalshion

Camera disconnects when using PTZ

Post by Kalshion »

So I have four IP5M-1190W that are connected into a NV4108E-A2; one of the problems I've been having from the very start is that every so often when I try and use the PTZ function on a camera, it causes said camera to disconnect. Sometimes I'll get an error where it failed to find network host. Or, another error I get is "incompatible authentication mode, please change the private protocol authentication mode in security" which I can't change since I don't *have* a security tab on the NVR, in the web interface, or Amcrest View Pro. When they disconnect, often times it takes anywhere from twenty minutes to an hour before the camera comes back, resetting it, disconnecting power, etc doesn't seem to fix the issue, it just fixes on its own. One thing I do notice is that the PTZ disconnects happen if the function isn't used after awhile.

These problems are an annoyance, and I'm hoping that maybe someone might have an idea. Keep in mind that three of these camera's are *wired* (Cat6) while the four one is wireless but the problem exists across all four.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Camera disconnects when using PTZ

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

So I would start off by removing one of the cameras from your list, Then log into the Cameras WebUI, Then Reset that camera back to factory. Then after you setup the camera again. Once the camera is setup and you are able to access the camera's WebUI, Log out of the camera and load the camera back into the NVR. This time try to do an ONVIF setup rather then the Private Setup and see if that camera works better on your NVR using ONVIF. If it works better under ONVIF, I would then setup the other cameras the same way. However they are Amcrest cameras and should work in the Private Protocol setting but maybe the camera NVR combo don't like one another.. I personally don't remember the camera as I only had it maybe 5 days before I returned it and got the ASH47 in it's place..
Be Safe.
Kalshion

Post by Kalshion »

So it seems to have fixed the wireless ones, but the wired ones are still doing it; something else I noticed is that when it disconnects, all of the settings I had on it (like IVS, tripwire, etc) get deleted requiring me to redo them.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

That is very strange. I will admit I have 2 ptz from different company that has some reboot setting issues that after a reboot it kicked out my network settings even ignores my routers static info and camera takes ip router is setup to give one of my doorbell cameras.
What ptz are you working with. Sounds like you need to make a ticket and they may need to be RMA or if bought from Amazon and still in return window, might need replacement.
Be Safe.
Kalshion

Post by Kalshion »

I'll do that then, one other thing I have to ask; I thought I mentioned it in the first post but I realized I didn't: would you know what is causing the live playback to be slow? Tried different bit rates to see if it mattered but it doesn't seem to matter.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Live play back? Talking about recorded video or you mean there is lag in the Live view of your cameras video stream? You talk in Amcrest View Pro app or talk about in WebUI using the cameras IP address in your Web Browser? if there is an Electronic Issue with your camera it could have issue with playback or live view either way. Also if in playback from Video saved to Micro SD card it could be an issue with the card..

Sorry I see the PTZ is an 1190w it could be also if using Wifi a issue with Wifi.. If it is cable ran I would double check the cables being used and make sure there is no damage or kinks in the cables.. However if talking about cameras that are resetting on you then it could be a damaged camera..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Got to thinking about this. I would double check that your camera is using h.264h if it has it. if not try it under h.264 and see if that makes your picture a stable one.
Be Safe.
Kalshion

Post by Kalshion »

It was, also just replaced the wiring (it was already new, but changed it anyway) I also checked to see if it was perhaps related to distance (my furthest camera uses a 200 foot Cat6 cable, which is the one that is always having the disconnect problem) but didn't seem to matter, 6 feet or 200 feet, disconnects happened regardless.

And by live, I mean the live view that you get with the camera's when watching them on the monitor, its choppy and not smooth like the other four that I have (which these four were meant to replace, but until I have solved these problems, those other four will remain)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah personally if you bought them new. I would Return or exchange them for ones that work. Seems there are some issues with these cameras you have.
Be Safe.