Brand New AD110 ... laggy and terrible frame rate <5fps.

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
cunnerman

Brand New AD110 ... laggy and terrible frame rate <5fps.

Post by cunnerman »

I just installed a new AD110 at my rear door and it has been glitchy from the get-go. At first it was clearly a voltage issue, so I replaced my transformer with a 16v/30va. That seemed to fix things for about an hour, and then the terrible frame-rate and lag returned. I'm about at my wit's end. Any help is appreciated!

Some background:
- I have 2 doorbell cams, and AD410 and the new AD110
- I am also running a Honeywell wifi thermostat off the same transformer
- The AD410 at the front door has been installed for about 6 months and works flawlessly
- I have 2 mechanical chimes, but only one is hooked up right now (I disconnected one to see if it would help)
- Both Amcrest chime kits are installed at the front/rear screws on the functioning chime
- The rear door camera is about 20 feet from the router, and is actually closer to the router than the front door cam
- I've checked all of my wifi channels, and they are currently setup to avoid conflicts with nearby signals
- Voltage is consistently 16.5-16.6 at the back door (18 at the transformer)
- I have used the Amcrest Config Tool and set the main stream bitrate to VRB
- I've played around with the frame rate... it is currently set to 10fps, but I'm lucky if I ever see that

I'm pulling my hair out here. I've tried pretty much everything, and now I'm considering a 24v/40va transformer... will this help?
cunnerman

Re: Brand New AD110 ... laggy and terrible frame rate <5fps.

Post by cunnerman »

No idea what happened overnight, but it's running smoothly at 12fps this morning at 850Kpbs.

I'll keep an eye on it throughout the day and report back.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

You will want to do a Factory Reset of the Ad110 and after that don't make any changes to the camera outside of the Smart home app. I know that the AD410 data says you can use ASP to make changes for the users needs but I can also confirm making any changes to the camera from normal setup settings will make the camera Very Unstable.

Why would you want to change to VBR anyway? Trust me leave it the way it was out of Factory Setup and youwill be happy. After testing and going crazy for a while I did factory Reset and non of my Doorbells have been an issue. Only time now I hear of issue with Doorbell it is related to power or config change
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
cunnerman

Post by cunnerman »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:31 am Hello and Welcome to the Forum

You will want to do a Factory Reset of the Ad110 and after that don't make any changes to the camera outside of the Smart home app. I know that the AD410 data says you can use ASP to make changes for the users needs but I can also confirm making any changes to the camera from normal setup settings will make the camera Very Unstable.

Why would you want to change to VBR anyway? Trust me leave it the way it was out of Factory Setup and youwill be happy. After testing and going crazy for a while I did factory Reset and non of my Doorbells have been an issue. Only time now I hear of issue with Doorbell it is related to power or config change
Thanks for the head's up on this. I will reset when I have some time this evening.