Blows past login...sort of

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Eac67gt

Blows past login...sort of

Post by Eac67gt »

I have a IP5M-B1186EW-28MM camera and every time I bring it up on my PC by using the IP address it goes right past the log in screen and to the live view. It doesn't give you full control of the camera though. It shows all the options along the top but when you click on SETUP it shows INFORMATION VERSION information only. Basically it's all you can do. If you do the option LOG OUT then you can log back in and you have full control.

If you logout then close browser and clear it's cache and browsing history then open browser and punch in IP address it goes right past login and to live view. Also I have manually reset camera which also all my cameras reset every night at midnight but that doesn't make a difference.

I have also tried this via tablet and android phone and get same result.

I have not tried and firmware updates and haven't checked if there are any.

I have several more of these exact camera at my home but this is the only one that acts like this. What is the issue?
The other cameras I have that are identical and bought same time all have same firmware.

I can't recall if when I originally installed these if it did this but I don't believe it did.

I don't see it as a major security issue as it only views the front yard and street but I would rather solve the problem. Now of course I don't have any ports opened to internet so unless someone can hack it well again it's not a security risk.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Blows past login...sort of

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

Sounds very Interesting. Before you Download and install new Firmware. First thing I would do is a Factory reset. Now I know that you did say you do a reset every night my guess is that you mean you did a Reboot. First I would try doing it VIA software unless you have it on your desk at this time *However you said it was just showing the front yard* so that is why I would do Reset using the software method. Log into the camera, Click on Setup, System, Then default settings and do a Factory Reset. Then setup again. This time to start out with don't save the login info and test out the camera some. After you do this and confirm that it isn't just Auto Logging you in somehow.. Then clear info and log back in and should ask if you want to save the password. Then test with it saved. If it don't repeat the same issue then reset worked. However if it does it again after Soft Reset then time to pull out the Ladder and do a Factory Button Reset.
Be Safe.