Black Cameras Matter

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
patric

Black Cameras Matter

Post by patric »

Im evaluating a IP8M-T2699EW-AI that sofar im mostly impressed with (since they restored some of the functionality that was lost when they went with Javascript) but there are some locations where a white camera isnt suitable. The .pdf instruction manual title even includes a reference to IP8M-T2699EB-AI (where the "B" stands for black) but then again, that same manual refers to it as a dome camera despite the correct illustration of a turret camera.
Wishful thinking? Vaporware? A long-term goal? Inquiring minds want to know... I'd like to buy.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Black Cameras Matter

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure my guess is the dome camera manual came before the Turret and they over looked the Dome in the type up.

About the color. I know that the 858W is to all I know only W. However looking in the Manual it is written Amcrest IP2M-858W / IP2M-858B showing white and black. So who knows. Maybe Amcrest gets a discount on White and stays with that cost

I mean at times in my Retail past, We would be offered a deal for a product that we sold in different formats. However being offered lets say like one of mine where the normal cost was 60 wholesale each and was offered 1k units at 45 this helped me in 2 ways. One I would be able to pass that onto the clients however the best part was I was able to make more money from selling it at the MSRP. Under contract to sale at a normal MSRP, however could run Sales ads to get people into the store. With Amcrest being a bigger company. I would guess they could have contracted for 10k or more units and that was for the White so they are stuck in the white for now.

Also might be able to ask someone in Sales. It might be that the camera was offered in White before Black and are still waiting on the Black to come into stock..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

The compressed manual is so blurry I dont know why they even have a link to it.

I should mention that I havent been able to get any of the functions they call "AI" to work despite setting them up per the manual.

I know things like face detection are just algorithms - I had a point-and-shoot camera that could do that 20 years ago - but true Artificial Intelligence means a machine is capable of exceeding the sum of its programming... to think on its own and act on it. I dont believe this camera is remotely capable of that.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I don't know sorry. I know that I have some what is called AI cameras from others that don't work at all even with the Trip wire and or Intrusion setup. For Amcrest and Dahua and a couple of others that I own I have to admit I have a mix bag of some that is pure junk and others that cost much more that are worth what I paid. Like take the 2496EW-V2 I mean it is a 8mp with Tripwire and Intrusion. In truth it don't have the ability to know human from a spider and so I get a lot of events on my Intrusion zone that are just spiders because of where this camera is mounted. Then I have a few other Dahua cameras that are just same type tech however offer some other features that make the price paid for them worth it like audio and alarms in/out. But they also will false on a Spider or cat and dogs passing by. Then to make matters worse. I have 3 other Dahua AI cameras that were not cheap at the time and will admit worked as expected with Human and Vehicle detection on Tripwire, Smd, and Intrusion. However a few FW ago the AI part even though the option for Human and Vehicle are there the AI don't work at all now and because I had them attached to my AI recorder I batch updated them so all 3 of them no longer work with AI even though it is all there just don't work.

Then get to 1046EW-AI. It works great, Color at night but will if using built in white lights will motion on everything that passes however IVS, Face Detection, work great and have never false trigger that I remember however does have some Glitches in Picture Captures with not a complete capture like 1/2 the picture missing sometimes.. Then I have a few higher end ones that were over 350 when new that are even more advanced then the 1046EW-AI and they are by Dahua and all work without fail as expected. Then I have some others that were around 300+ mark that I thought I was buying from a Auth dealer and should have had a 5 year warranty for the price thought it was part of the deal however because the business I bought it from i have 2 Dahua Advanced AI cameras that are Bricks. 1 was over 450 as it is Zoom AI 4mp and while I can fix things this is one camera that I don't have any idea what is wrong with it. I mean I found some bad parts inside however without a Schematic or a working copy I don't know what a non marked chip is or what it values should be for the circuit to make the camera work right..

About a Camera that cost less then a small fortune that you think should be able to act on its own? Not sure what some people think Consumer grade AI tech is!? I mean I tell me Neighbor that I have an AI camera and now they think I am tracking them in their house LOL. Sorry it isn't like that and I am not like that if my camera was..

There are some cameras on the market that will learn from the AI built into the system. They cost almost a grand at Amcrest and maybe the model that is little less has the same learning however it still isn't what people try to make it out to be. Can they learn? Don't know can't afford one these days to find out. Keep telling my wife that I need one to pair with my AI NVR's she is like you have enough cameras lol. We will see next month is my Birthday maybe I will get lucky and she will say ok camera buying time lol..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So your post does say 2699 is that it or you talking about 2669? I mean I can find the 2669 on Amcrest. Manuals for 2699 are some other off site servers not part of Amcrest that use low res copies. Not sure what camera you own and asking about?
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:44 pm So your post does say 2699 is that it or you talking about 2669? I mean I can find the 2669 on Amcrest. Manuals for 2699 are some other off site servers not part of Amcrest that use low res copies. Not sure what camera you own and asking about?
I did mean 2669, thanks. I tried to correct the original post but unable.
I referenced the manual at "ip8m-t2669ew-ai_user_manual_compressed-1.pdf" on the Amcrest website.
Goto https://amcrest.com/4k-poe-camera-turre ... ew-ai.html and click on the User Manual.
patric

Post by patric »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:41 pm About a Camera that cost less then a small fortune that you think should be able to act on its own? Not sure what some people think Consumer grade AI tech is!? I mean I tell me Neighbor that I have an AI camera and now they think I am tracking them in their house LOL. Sorry it isn't like that and I am not like that if my camera was..

There are some cameras on the market that will learn from the AI built into the system. They cost almost a grand at Amcrest and maybe the model that is little less has the same learning however it still isn't what people try to make it out to be. Can they learn? Don't know can't afford one these days to find out. Keep telling my wife that I need one to pair with my AI NVR's she is like you have enough cameras lol. We will see next month is my Birthday maybe I will get lucky and she will say ok camera buying time lol..

If a surveillance system were to truly meet the definition of Artificial Intelligence it would be capable of independent thought.
It might be able to distinguish a good guy from a bad guy by analyzing their behavior and predicting their actions, be able to forecast weather or make value judgements about you or your other security measures.

Being able to distinguish a person from a car isnt really AI but rather just a common algorithm.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so maybe someone needs to make all the people of the Consumer grade CCTV (Security Camera Systems) change the verbiage to Enhanced detection over just the normal camera. I don't know I don't make the names. What I do know is my 1046EW-AI camera and some of my even costly cameras do offer Expression listing. I don't have them setup on my system that way. However have a few people over right now and asked if I could turn on my AI Face Detection they agreed as long as I didn't show faces and so I agreed. Only turned on the camera to Face for a short time to see what would get captured. I blacked out the faces but you can see it knows the difference between old young male and female.
Screenshot (4256).png
Screenshot (4256).png (104.69 KiB) Viewed 210 times
Be Safe