Backup to FTP?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jstrahn

Backup to FTP?

Post by jstrahn »

I recently purchased the 8 Ch Eco 720P system. It works great but I am wondering if there is a way to do a backup to ftp.

I setup the ftp section with the IP of my online hosting and it works great, creates directories, creates the files, etc but it is writing data real-time and it kills my bandwidth on my home internet connection when I want to be using it.

Is there a way to just do a nightly backup at a specified time (when I'm sleeping) to the ftp rather than real-time uploads? I didn't seem to find anything in the settings for this.
Jordan77

Re: Backup to FTP?

Post by Jordan77 »

I would like to know this as well.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello jstrahn,

Unfortunately that is not an option with any of the systems we currently have.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

jstrahn

Post by jstrahn »

Melvin wrote:Hello jstrahn,

Unfortunately that is not an option with any of the systems we currently have.
Is that a feature that you will be adding via firmware in the future? It seems like a pretty useful feature and would take very little to add that functionality to schedule a backup. As it is, the current ftp backup is unusable due to the bandwidth demands.