AWC201-B Camera Constantly Freezing in Zoom Calls

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
tr2021

AWC201-B Camera Constantly Freezing in Zoom Calls

Post by tr2021 »

My camera freezes every few minutes while using Zoom. I have tried switching out of HD, not using a background, none of that seems to help. If I don't use the camera, I am able to stay connected with no issues. Any idea what may be behind it?
HikwQedxw

Re: AWC201-B Camera Constantly Freezing in Zoom Calls

Post by HikwQedxw »

I have(had) this same camera. The camera would freeze roughly every 20 seconds, then the camera itself would crash and restart. (I presume that what was happening when the active status indicator light would go off then back on.) It did the same in multiple apps not just Zoom.
I tried this camera on several different computers, all had the same, or worse, experience. Tried Win7, Win10, Win11, and had even worse results on Mac. (The active indicator lamp would illuminate, but no video would ever appear. The microphone worked without any issue on Mac, but nothing else.)
I donated the camera to Goodwill, and bought a much more reliable device. I guess the saying "You get what you pay for." was rather accurate for this device. The half price deal I bought the AMC201-B turned out to be a complete bust.