Auto maintain - remove all old files ?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
frommars

Auto maintain - remove all old files ?

Post by frommars »

So how do Auto Maintain > remove old files work ?
I have my new system running for 10 days now - i went to setting- system and auto maintain - there is setting how do you want to delete old files --i selected customized and selected days as 6 -- now when I apply settings --- i went back and from search menu I don't see any recording/playback available from 6 days ago -- but this did not free up space on internal hard disk immediately -- and then I went back to settings...and selected never delete old files... and then found out that all the files were available again ?
So wondering how the remove old file from auto maintain works ? does it wait for all hard disk to be completely full and then start deleting the files ? if so -- then I think that was the default behavior - when disk full delete the oldest files ---- how did auto maintain worked then ?

I think i missed something --- can someone help ?

thanks
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Auto maintain - remove all old files ?

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
We will test that feature to see how exactly it works. I believe that if it reaches 6 days, that night at midnight it will remove everything from the previous day.It wouldn't do it right as soon as you set the setting
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

frommars

Post by frommars »

No it did not even after couple of days have passed now. My hard disk is getting almost full now. I have 1TB disk size and recording shows only last 6 day of data available -- but the disk space is decreasing every single day. And as I mentioned in my OP - if i go back and change setting to never delete old data -- i can see recording for all days again.
papster33

Post by papster33 »

Hmmm...the software works similar to this website. I keep getting kicked out after typing my response. Anyway I have the same issue. Have tied everything - new firmware, rebooting, changing the settings. I run down to zero free space and then it just stays there - replacing the oldest video with new. Their support via e-mail could not help me. I am going to call them tomorrow unless I can find a response on the forum.