Audio on IP5M-T1179EW

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
swbrains

Audio on IP5M-T1179EW

Post by swbrains »

I have several IP5M-T1179EW cameras installed (POE from an Amcrest NV4108-E-A2 NVR). The audio is garbled on all of them (babbling brook effect). They are set to AAC/16K for the audio encoding. Changing to 16K from 8K provided some improvement, but I think it could be better.

I read in some other threads here that people have disabled the Noise Filter setting, but I can't find that when I go into ASP->Device Cfg->Encode. Is this setting only available via the web UI of the camera? Is it possible to access the web UI of a camera when the camera is hooked directly to the POE switch of the NVR? This causes the cameras to use a different subnet than my regular network, so I can't just enter the camera's IP in my browser like I could if I connected them to an external switch.

Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Audio on IP5M-T1179EW

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You can access the camera in nvr web ui. Log into nvr web ui then main menu then camera then in bottom window where your connected cameras are listed click on e it will open in a new port on your NVR ip address like for one of my NVRs it would look like 10.0.0.225:10080 and without port number is how I access my nvr. Not all use same port numbers and no telling until you click the e from nvrs webui to know

Might have to turn on Virtal Host in your nvr for it to work
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
swbrains

Post by swbrains »

Thanks! The first camera had a port of 10080 which MS Edge deemed "unsafe" and wouldn't open. I had to start Edge with the command line parameter --explicitly-allowed-ports=10080 to get it to work. The other cameras seem to be fine when launched from the web UI.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok oddly it happens to me in Chrome as well forgot to mention should use IE or the E button in Chrome or Edge.. I still use IE my self and will not be happen it no longer works however a way around this in Chrome is to click first a camera you don't want to work in at the time first then click the one you want to work with it will open 10081 and seems to work fine
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe