ASH47-W wont connect

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
araczek

ASH47-W wont connect

Post by araczek »

I just bought the ASH47-W and cannot get it to connect. I have many Amcrest cameras but i cant get
This one to connect. I tried the wifi method and the app NEVER recognizes the QR code. I then tried with
The Ethernet cable and same thing. Typing in the serial number doesn’t help. I assume if I use the Ethernet cable with
Setup the subnet should be the wireless subnet?

This should be easy but I am not understanding what i am missing.HELP. Don’t want to have to return the camera.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ASH47-W wont connect

Post by Revo2Maxx »

The Ash47 is a Smart Home camera. While it will connect to ASP and AVP and NVR's after being setup using the Amcrest Smarthome App. It will need to be setup first before it can move on.. If you don't have the Smart Home app then I would DL and setup using that app.
Be Safe.
araczek

Post by araczek »

Thank you for the info. Yes, I called support and verified i was using the wrong application. Got the Smart Home app and I was able to connect the app to the camera. NOW, i need to reconfigure the camera with static IP’s and have it use wifi only, the second I remove the Ethernet from the camera I lose my live view. I want it wifi only. So what app do I use to configure IP?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hate to say it but it is best with this camera to Reset back to factory and setup to the Wifi from the start. When you connect make sure you are connected on your phone to the right wifi you want to connect with your camera. Once you scan the code or enter it manually it will ask you for the Wifi info with user and password to the router. Once that is done it is connected via Wifi and you should be golden.

While the camera is a nice camera. I do own one my self, It don't have the options that a normal Amcrest Ip camera does. That is only down side to the Smart Home products. Once setup API works, ONVIF, and other things that other companies that offer smart home products don't offer. I mean some other companies don't even let some of the hardware work to connect to a NVR or Blue Iris even..
Be Safe.
araczek

Post by araczek »

Wait, will this work with Blue Iris? That’s the whole point. If not then its a moot point and i will return the camera.
I want a PTZ camera here that is wifi. If BI does not support this camera then do you have suggestions?
araczek

Post by araczek »

???
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There are people that says the camera works kind of with Bi, However I can't say that is right or not. Sorry I have been busy and have not had time to test out my ASH47 on my Bi. I have it connected to my NVR and leave it like that.. But I will try it out tonight as soon as I get a moment to get to it. I have not been home much today and have had many other things going on. I don't work for Amcrest so I can't say that it works or don't work well with Bi. I mean it should not have any issues. But others have reported in different area of the Net that there is issues with access to PT controls. While the Amcrest 1190 isn't built as nice as the ASH47, The 1190 is a true IP camera so if you can't get your ASH47 to work well with Bi then 1190 is just like the ASH47 in type. Besides as I said the 1190 is a real IP camera not a Smart Home camera..
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

One way or another it will work with BI. If it's currently running on a NVR, BI can simply snag the typical Amcrest MRLs (streams) from the unit either automatically with 'find/inspect' or manually by entering the NVR IP address and login info. You would then simply need to specify the camera's channel as shown below and it's a Blue Iris device with whatever Amcrest capabilities are recognized.
Amcrest DVR-NVR Channel Streams for BI.jpg
Amcrest DVR-NVR Channel Streams for BI.jpg (130.02 KiB) Viewed 1526 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

As Pogp said you could use a DVR/NVR to access the camera and then use Bi to access the controls from the recorder. However my guess is that you don't have said recorder and that brings up the ability to access the camera on BI, I was able to access the camera, However I couldn't access the PT controls or should I say when I tried to pan or tilt or even use a preset that I had to setup in my NVR to setup. I couldn't access the presets or make the camera pan and tilt. When connecting using just the camera setup in BI..

Here is a picture of Preset 2 but not because the BI was able to put it there. I took this picture of my Black Chevy because it is the last night it will be in my Driveway. Tomorrow I take Delivery of a 2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E

So yeah if you wanted to use your camera in BI only, I would look at the 1190, It isn't built as nice as the ASH47 but it is a real IP camera 5mp...
Screenshot (45).png
Screenshot (45).png (572.85 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Various methods have been reported to be successful in accessing Amcrest PTZ camera functionality with Blue Iris. A Google search will turn up most of them, but the main areas seem to be related to tweaking ONVIF settings and HTTP port selection. An ASH47 could be a whole other story -- wired or wireless.