ASH47 Reset

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
hawkeye62

ASH47 Reset

Post by hawkeye62 »

I need to reset my ASH47. I am not sure where the reset button is. I know it is above the lens, but is it behind a "cap'"? The camera is mounted in a location that makes it very difficult to see the front side of the camera. Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ASH47 Reset

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It has been a while and I have seen a lot of cameras since I have had the ASH47 in my hands.. However if my memory is correct then there will be a button that is exposed that is on a Cover that you can remove to 1 access the button and also to add in a Micro Sd Card.. However the part I am not 100% clear on is if the button was also exposed to outside. I have a few cameras that look like the ASH47 and I might be thinking about one of them having the exposed button... If it isn't exposed then it is under the cap that is on the head of the camera. Yet if it was the ASH47 with the button on the cap then it will also have the words Reset for that button as well. It was covered in a rubber type cap with an extension that goes in to the camera to push the reset..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok looked up how to reset the ASH47 in google and it was the camera I was thinking about.. Here is Amcrest DOC about how to factory Reset it.

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... t-ASH47-W-
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Thanks for the reply Revo. I have tried the factory reset twice. I get the voice that says it is resetting, but the little green light never blinks. If I proceed with the setup, I get to a point where it claims that there are no wifi devices found. Then it suggests a reset. I guess I have a brick?

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would maybe move the camera to an area close enough to try and setup the camera using Ethernet port of the camera and see if that helps at all. I have mine setup using Ethernet and works well. You are using the Smart Home app to setup the camera right?
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Yes, I use Smart Home for any camera adjustments. I did add it to Surveillance Pro, but that doesn't make any camera adjustments. Any way it has been working perfectly since I bought it. The camera is too far away from the nearest Ethernet source. I will have to take it down and bring it inside the house.

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Understand, not everyone has testing ethernet cables at the ready for issues like this. Good news with ash47 it is a twist off mounting. 6 degrees F here today with snow. Even as easy the mount I wouldn't want to have to take mine down.
Be safe
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Hi Revo,

Well, the weather here has moderated. I took the ASH47 down and set it up in my office. When I powered it up the green light was on?? I did a hard reset and the when the reset was complete the green light was on. So I decided to try a WIFI setup. It went perfectly!!! I added it to Surveillance Pro with no issues. I am at a loss to understand what caused the problems I had when it was mounted outside under my lower deck. I guess I will let it stay there in my office for a few days, then put it back on it's outdoor mount.

Best regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad to hear it is working again.
It is very hard to say. It might be that there is an issue with your area and other Wifi from people within range of your camera.. My area hasn't been as bad as other times and weather is starting to get into the double digits again. Last week wind chill was -15f and 6f for the high. So I am glad it is starting to warm up a little here as well..

About the camera, Wifi, Bluetooth and other things can cross paths and if someone service was working on your wifi channel it might have caused some issues. However one thing I have come to understand about some of my Wifi devices, If I have a Micro SD card installed and I let it go to almost 100% full the camera can act up and will start to power cycle. This can make it hard to make a connection and format the card so it will work in a stable manner. Infact my AD410 last night was doing this where it took about an hour to get into the camera so I could reformat the card. Once it was able to be formatted the camera hasn't had any more issues.. Last month it was my ASH26. I forgot it even had a card, because I don't use it much as a camera these days, I have it recording to one of my NVR's and don't even look at the feed much any more. Only reason I knew it was having issue is because the NVR reported it was offline over and over.. First thing I do is reboot my Router to make sure it isn't the issue. Once I do that and found the camera is still going offline I try to make connection with one of the up times so I can check MSD status..

I have only had to take my AD410 off the wall once because I let it go to far. It would seem for me if I don't catch it fast enough camera goes off and on that by the time the footage is back on my NVR and I try to log in, it shows footage and reboots.. So that day I took it down and removed the card, installed a different one. Format and back to life. With the filled card when I install in a different camera it just shows error says it needs to be formatted and I do and things work just fine. However if I install back in same camera I don't get the error in a way I can format it just goes back to boot cycling again..

My current state with my ash47..
Screenshot (1045).png
Screenshot (1045).png (1.9 MiB) Viewed 1073 times
Be Safe.