ASH42-B web UI

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Slyke

ASH42-B web UI

Post by Slyke »

I purchased a ASH42-B and try to access the web UI to configure for the camera. It's saying 404 Not Found. I've configured other Amcrest cameras with the web UI no problem, but can't figure out the URL for this one.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ASH42-B web UI

Post by Revo2Maxx »

This is a Smart Home product and most Smart home products don't offer a WebUI.. You will need to use ASP or the Smart home app for making adjustments...

Any ASH or DB or anything that normally takes a Smart Home app to setup in general will not have a WebUI
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Slyke

Post by Slyke »

Ah, that explains it! It's fine, I'll just return it. Do Amcrest have any outdoor rated cameras that do have a web UI? I've looked around and can't seem to find any confirmed.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Any of Amcrest outdoor cameras that are not a Smart Home Product has a WebUI.. SO anything that is called like IPxM-xxxx is going to have a WebUI and anything ip 65-67 is rated outdoors there might be some sub-outdoor cameras like ip 5x to 64 though can work outdoors just best not to be in Direct water path..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

However if your asking about a Wifi camera that has a WebUI then that might be little harder. To be honest. Wifi and Security Cameras are not something that go well together there is to many issues that can come about from Wifi.. So to be honest it is better to stay with a Wired camera. Most of the line of Wifi cameras are no longer found on Amcrest I am guessing because of the issue that Wifi brings.. Only one 1 know of outside of the ASH and AD line that is Smart Home Products is a Compact PTZ camera with 3x zoom and just under 200 for cost. Another one that I couldn't find anymore is the Full sized PTZ camera that was either the 853 or 858 I am not sure what one but one of them was Wifi but the cost is much higher then a couple of hundred bucks..
Be Safe
Slyke

Post by Slyke »

Yeah, I don't use wifi unless I absolutely have to. I stick to ethernet where ever possible. I found a IP5M-T1179EW-28MM on Amazon based off your advice and will give that one a try!