ASH41 camera not connecting

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Ralphslate1

ASH41 camera not connecting

Post by Ralphslate1 »

I cannot connect to my ASH-41 camera. I have 10 other Amcrest cameras, though none of this model. They are mostly all IP4M-1051 cameras, which I don't think are available anymore, plus a IP4M-1041W, and a IP2M-841W.

Based on some other posts, I think that maybe this new camera doesn't work with the Amcrest View Pro app on my phone. Can anyone confirm or deny that? Will this camera work with the Amcrest Surveillance software?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ASH41 camera not connecting

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You will need to first setup in Amcrest Smart Home app. Once you setup it should be able to work in ASP and AVP without an issue
Be Safe.
Ralphslate1

Post by Ralphslate1 »

Ah, that did the trick - thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad to hear you got it taken care of. Just keep in mind ASH products are Smart Home and need to be setup in app before normal ASP or AVP can be used. Also as of now they are app or software based meaning there is no WebUI in them. Like your other cameras you connect using WebUI ASH products don't have that function.
Be Safe.
Ralphslate1

Post by Ralphslate1 »

I have mixed feelings about this camera. On one hand, the quality of the picture is really good. On the other hand, the absence of the WebUI means that I have to rely on either the At Home app, or the Surveillance Pro software to do things.

One thing that used to be on the WebUI, but is not in either app, is the ability to fine-tune my alerts by seeing the real-time vertical bars scrolling by, showing how big an event each one was, and whether it was above or below the "threshold". Now, the threshold is effectively meaningless, yes, I can raise and lower it, but I can't see what that actually does in a precise way.

The other problem is that I no longer have a fixed IP address, so I can only use PTP to connect my Surveillance Pro to the camera.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

No that isn't 100% correct.. So yes in the WebUI you can setup a Static IP for a IP Camera. That camera being a Smart Home Camera can have a Static IP setup by your router. I so that for my ASH products that don't offer a Static IP function. Some cameras (ASH) do offer the ability to setup a Static Ip. If when you look at your Smart Home app. Go to the camera details. If in the IP box there is a function of setting an IP then it has that feature again not all of them do. If it don't let you setup a static in the APP then you will have to use your Router Static IP pool to setup the IP then every time you reboot the camera the Router knows that device gets an IP that you set for it.. Then you can access that same IP in ASP and even to send commands for some functions. Keep in mind that some Smart Home Products get unstable if you make adjustments to picture data outside of the Smart Home app..

If you want a True Security IP camera then you will want to stay away from the ASH products. Search for IP cameras or POE cameras etc..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

This is from my ash47. I setup static ip in router. Yet looking at my app see picture below my ip in app can now be set static before it couldn't but shows 0.0.0.0 and setting ip in there I could have camera set static and remove from router.
Screenshot_20230908_203545_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
Screenshot_20230908_203545_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (319.24 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
Be Safe.
Ralphslate1

Post by Ralphslate1 »

My app shows me the same thing, but there is no way to set it. I tried setting it on my router, using MAC address, but I can never seem to get that to work.

> If you want a True Security IP camera then you will want to stay away from the ASH products. Search for IP cameras or POE cameras etc.

When I thought that the ASH-41 wasn't going to be compatible with my Surveillance Pro app, I went and ordered another IP4M-1041W - which I think is the best available pan-and-tilt that Amcrest offers. I immediately switched back to the ASH-41 because the picture was so much better.

Does Amcrest offer an IP pan-and-tilt camera with quality comparable to the ASH-41? I tend to put these on window sills so I can monitor my house while I am away, record to a SD card. I was pretty happy with the IP4M-1051 model, although not 100%. I was hoping for something a step-up, and was disappointed when the only product available in that category now is the 1041W, a step down.