ASH26 How does one access the web interface?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jjwelly2

Re: ASH26 How does one access the web interface?

Post by jjwelly2 »

Thank you Revo2Maxx, very much appreciated. I was able to reserve an IP for the camera. I really can't believe that Amcrest overlooked the ability to set a static IP. I was able to add all my cameras to the Amcrest Surveillance Pro program, although I had to set them all up manually and use IP vs. p2p, which is fine. Now the problem is this application cannot read the recordings from the ASH26 camera, giving a read error. Viewing recordings from the IOS Smart Home app views without error. Searching the error just shows others having the same problem, without any fix. It is becoming clear that trying to use any of Amcrest software is not a good idea, and now I am trying to learn what others are using to manage their cameras.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well please note that every time you use a 3rd party software and even hardware you are setting your device up for the ability to have your password resolved...

For me while I do have a ash26 and as posted the ASP don't work with it even though it finds the camera without an issue it just fails to load when one tries.. For me I use a Amcrest NVR for streaming my cameras and recording backups are sent to FTP.. Also setup the most important cameras to record to MSD if there is an issue with connection I still can view the footage from the camera..

Depending on the amount of cameras you have and want to record to the recorder if you have an older Amcrest DVR like my 2016 7204 has the ability to turn the last 2 channels into IP so for someone that has 2 IP cameras that would be a way to get a full time recorder..

So I don't use and Personally I am not happy with Blue Iris again because in order for your cameras to work you have to put in your passwords and now that software has the ability to leak that to the maker of the software or though some exploit so I removed that..

In the end it is safe bet using Amcrest DVR with IP channels or a NVR.. Others do use 3rd party software and personally I am not good with that idea my footage is my footage and don't like the idea of backdoors without me knowing it.. I used to just Trap all IP camera traffic now let only Amcrest open and keep good eye on the rest..
Be Safe.
jjwelly2

Post by jjwelly2 »

Ok thanks Revo2Maxx for confirming that video live or recorded events on the MSD of the ASH26 cannot be viewed from ASP. I have 6 other Amcrest cameras that are not the smart home type, that all have worked well for me with just recording events to the MSD that I have in each of the cameras. Viewing the recorded events with ASP has worked fine for me. But now that there's no way for me to view the ASH26 from a computer, I am needing to reconsider my options, and investing anything more into Amcrest does not sit well with me, as I consider this unacceptable. I very much appreciate your help and information you've provided, thank you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I am guessing and only a guess there was something in a FW update to the ASH26 that has caused this. While I Personally wouldn't give up on Amcrest over 1 Device not working in ASP.. My guess is that there will be a new FW release that will cure the issue or it might be something as easy as a Server Reboot on Amcrest side seeing it is a Smart Home device... They do have a Page in the Amcrest help about how to setup the ash26 to ASP so there is intent for it to work. Again it loads in my ASP, Just don't let me load playback or live feed for me at this time. It did at one time work I just don't use it much as I have a NVR and DVR for my IP lineup..
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

I think it's probably a bug in ASH26 firmware.  Liveview and Playback in ASP work for me with ASH21. Amcrest documents say ASH21 and ASH26 work with ASP Liveview but do not say anything about ASP playback.  See
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... Pro-ASH26-
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well my Ash21 is still working in my ASP so for now it is only an issue with my ASH26 and I have passed it on so maybe the people in the SH R&D will see there is an issue and get it figured out ASP..
Be Safe.
jjwelly2

Post by jjwelly2 »

Thanks for the help. I don't know when this problem started, but when I needed it to work, it didn't. So, my plan is to look into a NVR or other solution that would work in addition to only relying on my MSD cards. I have access to some Synology so I may tinker with their product that works with the Amcrest cams.