ASH21-W-V2 pre-even record time

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
TomCrean

ASH21-W-V2 pre-even record time

Post by TomCrean »

Hi

I've been using the ASH21 IP camera for severalmmonths now, and I find that on motion detection video playback I can simply see a video of after the.event has occured. Is there any way to adjust a duration of ore-event detection recording? I don't see any options in the standard app setting, but maybe there are some other advanced settings accessible.by other means?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ASH21-W-V2 pre-even record time

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

So I don't know anything about the V2 Sorry to hear about the issues your having. I have the first Release ASH21 and I have to admit that it is fast even when I setup the motion grid to only be in an area on a far edge. I get alerts with like just now car going by 30mph the alert popped up with the car just as it enters the scene. I would maybe reach out to Amcrest support for the Ash Smart Home Device and see if they can either RMA that one if it is bad or help you setup your camera that will give you better reaction to your scene. I mean a car going by at 60 not sure it will catch much.. Really you don't want to use much for access with Smart home cameras outside Amcrest. I mean you can use BI, or ASP, or a NVR (Best from Amcrest) but any can work that uses ONVIF..

I will have to look into buying a ASH21v2 so I know how it differs from the first gen.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
TomCrean

Post by TomCrean »

I agree with you, low speed passing is normally ok. My issue more precisely is on many occasions I have a notification of detection, but am unable to observe what triggered it. If there is a pre record timer example 3 seconds or 5 seconds it would be much easier, just like the post even record timer is 40 seconds.

I could imagine this is a basic operation for surveillance cameras so I hope there is a setting so where under the hood.

Thanks for the tip.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Set up Continuous Recording Schedule in ASH21 and you should be able to playback the time before the motion event.
TomCrean

Post by TomCrean »

Correct Jack, but this should not be necessary. The motion detection event recording snippet of 40s should be adjustble to include an additional pre record time.
jack7continued

Post by jack7continued »

You should not have that recording problem, but to access "under the cover settings" to change recording behavior, try using Amcrest Surveillance Pro to change Anti-dither, Delay Time, and  Pre-Record.  Amcrest View Pro could also be used to change Anti-dither and Delay.
The above is not mentioned in SmartHome or ASH21 docs.  So it may work, or may cause problems. I have only changed video stream settings like H.265/H.264 using ASP.
jack7