ASH21-B - View On other than Phone App

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
uhs74

ASH21-B - View On other than Phone App

Post by uhs74 »

I have jsut bought ASH21-B as my first IP camera and firs time as Amcrest customer.
My impression is that ip camera means one can access camera via ip address also.

I setup using phone app on wifi netwrok and set password during phone app setup.

I m trying to connect camera to my window 10 based laptop with follwoing software and it was not successfull.

Any input will be great.

It is connected to WIFI 2.4 htz and able to see on my android phone app.

Netgear R6220-100NAS is my router supports both 2.4 and 5 htz

I have not changed any config on my router or laptop related to network

During these steps ASH21-B and laptop connected to same WIFI network & also on my router NETGEAR Genie app, I m able to see this camera online and same Ip adddres that I m trying to use to connect.

1)Amcrest IP Config Software - I can see camre ip address and modal but with that not able to login or do anything
I tried to use password for ip config tool or camera password with 'admin' as user name
I m also confused on which user name and password need to use. i tired diff. combination but no luck

2)Amcrest pro surveillance window software- add manually camera using ip address and pass but it always says offline -networks host not found
ref:
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... Pro-ASH21-
I tried to use password for ip config tool or camera password with 'admin' as user name
I m also confused on which user name and password need to use. i tired diff. combination but no luck

3)VLC media player -network stream- error as could not connect
ref:
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... r-via-RTSP

4)Google chorme extesnion for amcrest - does not show any interface to login
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... le-Chrome-

5)IE 11 browser and direclty type ip address - it just search in bing or other search engine and show result

I have not tired with Roku Ultra stream box.

So any quick input on this to solve will be great.
uhs74

Re: ASH21-B - View On other than Phone App

Post by uhs74 »

jack7

Post by jack7 »

uhs74 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:58 pm 2)Amcrest pro surveillance window software- add manually camera using ip address and pass but it always says offline -networks host not found
ref:
I just installed a ASH21. Amcrest Surveillance Pro(ASP) works fine with Live view and Replay for ASH21 . Use Smart Home app only to change ASH21 settings. The ASP instructions referenced in your post above work fine. Do not use the other desktop options you mentioned.
Assuming you installed the Smart Home app with ASH21 and it works, then you entered userid(email) and a password for Smart Home app, AND you entered a password for the ASH21. For ASP, use UserID admin and the ASH21 password.
I may post a new thread on this forum in a few days about my ASH21 experiences.
uhs74

Post by uhs74 »

Hello Jack7,
thank you for reply.
is your camera connected as WIFI? ( not wired connected to router)

anything change to router any network policy?

for me following did not work-shows as offline -network host not found
ASH21B_WIFI-ASP_Connection_issue.png
ASH21B_WIFI-ASP_Connection_issue.png (55.8 KiB) Viewed 6666 times

I tried wired connection (ethernet cabel connected between routher and camera) which worked but as soon as I m on WIFI - it did not.

is it defective? thinking of return it if it is an issue
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Did you change the IP address of the Wifi to Reflect the same IP that your trying to connect to? When you setup the Wifi and Normal cable have different Mac Addresses and as such if you don't get the 2 the same IP then you will want to change to the IP of the WIFI it would be different then the one with the Cable... You can use the Cable and under setup, network tcp/ip there will be a drop down box that will have ability to change IP for Wifi and cable. Make them static and make them Ip you can remember... I am going to guess this is the issues.. If that isn't it and you have double checked the Router table for IP of the WIFI after it changes over then maybe camera is bad!?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

uhs74,
I use wifi.
If ASH21 is still working properly thru wifi with Smart Home app, then I suggest you connect ethernet cable between laptop and router. If ASP on laptop then works, then I suspect the problem was your laptop using 5 ghz.
uhs74

Post by uhs74 »

Thank you for reply.

In short,

if camera is connected to router via ethernet cable ,it works fine on laptop using Amcrest IP Config Software or Amcrest pro surveillance window software.

if camre is connected via WIFI (NO physical ethernet cable connection to router),it only works on Mobile Phone app.

for both testing, my laptop & camera were connected to same wifi 2.4 GHtz .

I also tried to reboot routher and camera too but no luck

I have not touched any ip address or any other policy on laptop or router.

Only diff. I noticed that ip address of camera is diffrent when it is connected to wifi VS wired connection.

each time I use latest ip address which is shown in IP Config tool to connect

so not sure what is diff. when I connect to wifi vs ethernet cabel

if anyone has step by stpe instuction , I can compare. Not sure if anything needs to update on roter level or ip address setting.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

One last suggestion:
1.In Smart Home, tilt your camera to see Reset button(next to SD card), and delete your camera.
2.Push the camera Reset button for 10 seconds.
3.Start over installing your camera in Smart Home using WIFI setup. https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... era-ASH21-
4.After installation, in Smart Home, go to settings-Device Information and get camera MAC address and IP address.
5.Set an IP address reservation in router. https://kb.netgear.com/25722/How-do-I-r ... EAR-router
6.Use that IP address in Surveillance Pro.
uhs74

Post by uhs74 »

Thank you for reply.
I already tried IP address reservation & also tried to IP forwarding..but did not work

I see my rotuer admin console "Use Router as DHCP Server" is checked.

I tried with 2 windows based laptop and same result.

So currenlty only through phone I am able to view camera footage while camera is on WIFI.
I have other deives connected to network wifi like google home hub or mini and tv. Hope having other devices on same network does not impact this.

purpose of wifi is not fullfilled. I have not got any soultion from amcrest support yet.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @uhs74 and welcome to the forum. i don't have your particular amcrest ash21 camera but i do recognize it as a smart home camera. it's my understanding smart home series cameras are designed to work with the amcrest smart home app via ios and android smartphones. while quite a few amcrest legacy tools can access some smart home cameras configuration, you should not attempt to change any of the smart home camera configuration outside of the smart home app or risk bricking your smart home camera.

i would strongly advise against using the ip config tool because this tool can seriously brick smart home cameras.

you should be able to add a smart home camera to the surveillance pro but use it for live view only for now.

you should also be able to vlc player to view smart home camera via rtsp with this url, rtsp://admin:<password>@<local_ip_address>:554