ASH21-B - View On other than Phone App

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ASH21-B - View On other than Phone App

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting, That might explain why mine was always working in the past. When I would remove the cable I wasn't removing it from the camera only from my Switch.. Now this gives me something to go mess with again lol.. The last testing I was doing I had moved the camera to different switch and wasn't in front of the switch so I started to only take out the Cat cable from the camera not the switch and mine also stopped working.. Where all my testing before I was just removing the cable from my switch... I had given up on this whole issue as it seemed to me to be working some time in the last 10 resets and the last 3 or 4 times I couldn't get it to work was removing cord from camera grrrr...
Try to Avoid CCA Networking Cables They are JUNK PERIOD!
Where there is Life there is Hope
James
hobbesVT

Post by hobbesVT »

Correction - kind of: The option to just plug in an ethernet connector alone doesn't hold through a reboot/restart of the camera I just found out.
So whenever your network needs to be reset, you need to get it hooked up to a router/switch per ethernet again to get the ports open for the wireless adapter. So it needs this handshake via ethernet just once after a reboot. Not really a solution if your cameras are not in reach.
This clearly must be a software bug and it's hard to believe that this hasn't be fixed.
I guess this camera goes back where it came from while the return window is still open for me.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure All I know is after reading this I thought for sure mine was going to start working again and no it didn't do anything out side the last few resets before.. I am not sure.. To be fair there is no reason that someone needs to setup to a Network cable if they are going to use it in Wifi just setup in Wifi then don't make a connection to it over Ethernet

In the setup it clearly states that if setting up in Ethernet that it is only going to work in that mode. While this isn't 100% true when it comes to the APP because it will still come up in the app after the fact Just things that are outside the app no longer work..

Solution is to Setup the camera in Wifi and it will work in Wifi.. Even after a Reboot. This camera is so fast and easy to setup even if someone made mistake to change location with a Ethernet cable connection and wanted to work over Wifi again just reset using only Wifi problem solved..
Try to Avoid CCA Networking Cables They are JUNK PERIOD!
Where there is Life there is Hope
James