ASH21-B - View On other than Phone App

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
svargo22

Re: ASH21-B - View On other than Phone App

Post by svargo22 »

I have the same issue. Hoping they fix it on WiFi but I might just use this where I have Ethernet for now and hope for a fix later. I have 10 other amcrest cameras and this one just looked very interesting for the price point.
xephael

Post by xephael »

svargo22 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:07 pm I have the same issue. Hoping they fix it on WiFi but I might just use this where I have Ethernet for now and hope for a fix later. I have 10 other amcrest cameras and this one just looked very interesting for the price point.
Interesting but a big enough pain that I'm sending them all back... Which is unfortunate as Amcrest is just being dinks by making them this way.
cjenkins

Post by cjenkins »

I found this thread due to searching for an unrelated issue with the ASH21-W I purchased mine in July off Amazon and setup only using the WiFi, I've never actually connected an Ethernet cable to it. My camera does not seem to exhibit the same issue. I constantly move it around the house unplugging it and plunging it in other locations to keep an eye on my 9 month old. All the ports are open all the time. I have it connected to a Hikvison NVR using RSTP on port 554, with the path cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0 I use the connection to the NVR and to the Amcrest APP simultaneously with no ill affects. I've added pictures of mine in case it may help. I'm curious to know if the FCC id and others match, as they may be different hardware. I've also included a screenshot of the firmware
IMG_20200918_233310.jpg
IMG_20200918_233310.jpg (1.79 MiB) Viewed 4905 times
Screenshot_20200918-231105.png
Screenshot_20200918-231105.png (41.64 KiB) Viewed 4905 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (3.66 KiB) Viewed 4905 times
jazzmonger

Post by jazzmonger »

Amcrest Support was initially responsive but went completely dark the past 2 months with NO fix. I recommend AVOIDING these cameras until they resolve the Wifi issues.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I say just do what I did Reset the camera and setup for Wifi Only mode then you don't have to worry about ports being closed or what not Since I reset the camera without being plugged into Eth0 I have not had an issue with my Camera being connected to my NVR, PC-NVR or the SH App... That is the Solution..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
dbfamily

Post by dbfamily »

Posted same question on related thread.
Is there an update/fix for this issue? On my 2nd ASH21 with same issue. 1st one went back as defective but I see now it's a common issue. WiFi ports are disabled unless E-net cable plugged in. I have tried multiple times to factory reset and re-connect, and same issue no matter which option I use to config (WiFi or Ethernet only). All is good as long as E-net plugged in, but as soon as unplugged WiFi ports are disabled.

During all my reset/retries I did have one instance where WiFi stayed enable after E-net disconnected. But then disabled after power cycle. Was never able to reproduce scenario again, always requires E-net to be connected.

Seems like it should be a simple firmware fix to enable WiFI ports.
jonozzz

Post by jonozzz »

@dbfamily I have the same issue with this camera I just got today. It looks like we're just part of a growing list of people having the same issue and there's nothing done to fix it. It makes me believe this is by design and they won't ever fix it.
bromangcameraface

Post by bromangcameraface »

I got this resolved!!

I had the same issue where on Wifi no ports were open through a nmap scan. Google search lead me to this thread

Here's what I did to fix (combining information from several different sites)

optional) setup DHCP reservation on your router/firewall so you know what IP camera will come online with
1) update to the latest firmware, I'm on 2.680.00LR000.2.R.200410
2) delete your existing camera on the AmcrestSmart app (most important step)
3) hold down the reset button until the light blinks green (~45 seconds for me)
4) do not touch the Ethernet port (superglue it for all I care, just don't have Ethernet plugged in, at all)
5) go back into the AmcrestSmart app and set the camera up using the Wifi setup option (this took me 2x resets until my phone would connect to the temporary WiFi network that Amcrest creates)
6) now you will be able to connect to RTSP streams using the below, nmap shows ports open again-- modify for your password and IP address (the extra stuff after the IP address is a must to connect to the camera)

rtsp://admin:[email protected]/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&authbasic=64

I'm finally running this cheap $30 camera through my homebridge server & HomeKit
zen1300

Post by zen1300 »

Very frustrating that for some people this works and for others it does not. I have never connected an ethernet cable to mine and I have performed the reset multiple times, each time deleting it from the app first. I've followed this reset procedure many times with no success.
hobbesVT

Post by hobbesVT »

I encountered exactly the same issue as many before. I have a few more observations to add:
1.) When added the camera in the phone app, it first showed under "Device Information" the wifi mac address and IP of the device (same as is shown in the IP config tool. However, after closing the app and restarting it again, it shows a different mac address (the one of the ethernet port) and a different IP address stored/assigned for this port ...
2.) As others reported, when I plug in the ethernet cable, the IP config tool shows both network adapters and the respective IP addresses. At the same time the ports on the WIFI network are open and the camera can be accessed. And now for the "kicker" - if just put an ethernet connector into the port without connecting it to any device (think of a dangling cable just plugged in) - the WIFI ports are still open.
So is the solution to just put a single port connector in the back of the camera to get it doing what it should do in the first place?