ASH21-B - View On other than Phone App

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jack7

Re: ASH21-B - View On other than Phone App

Post by jack7 »

I've had an ASH21 for a month. I use wifi and it works with android Smart Home app, android Amcrest View Pro, Amcrest Surveillance Pro Version 2 beta, and with other programs I have using the Amcrest rstp url. I have not used ethernet cable. I think your problem has something to with the paragraph below from https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... era-ASH21-

"The Amcrest Smart Home PT camera has 2 methods of setup, you can set the camera up via Wi-Fi (which is recommended) or directly via an Ethernet connection. Please note, if setting up your camera on Wi-Fi you will only be able to access your camera on Wi-FI, if you setup your camera using an Ethernet cable you will only be able to access your camera via an Ethernet connection. There is currently not an Ethernet Wi-Fi setup option available for Amcrest Smart Home devices."
delirious

Post by delirious »

I called a second time to tech support and they were not willing to help. Said the camera case got escalated to their houston team. No one has called. so I printed out a label and sent it back. This is not ready out of the box to run with surveillance pro (at least not on a PC). I can ping the camera in wifi mode and there is a reply. So it's there. It works only on the home app. It does work with surveillance pro if I plug it into ethernet, but I don't have ethernet where I want to put it on the home. As stated above, looks to be ports are closed in wifi mode and the camera won't connect to the surveillance pro app. I really don't feel like messing with it. I have other amcrest cameras.
Macnbaish

Post by Macnbaish »

jack7 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:37 pm I've had an ASH21 for a month. I use wifi and it works with android Smart Home app, android Amcrest View Pro, Amcrest Surveillance Pro Version 2 beta, and with other programs I have using the Amcrest rstp url. I have not used ethernet cable. I think your problem has something to with the paragraph below from https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... era-ASH21-

"The Amcrest Smart Home PT camera has 2 methods of setup, you can set the camera up via Wi-Fi (which is recommended) or directly via an Ethernet connection. Please note, if setting up your camera on Wi-Fi you will only be able to access your camera on Wi-FI, if you setup your camera using an Ethernet cable you will only be able to access your camera via an Ethernet connection. There is currently not an Ethernet Wi-Fi setup option available for Amcrest Smart Home devices."
Interesting that you’re seeing different behavior. It was very black and white with mine. While connected to Ethernet the ports on the camera are open and I can connect via RTSP from other applications. As soon as I remove Ethernet and it connects via WiFi it doesn’t work with anything but the Amcrest SmartHome app, and the RTSP port isn’t even listening.

I did initial setup via WiFi. Are you saying that with your camera if it is not using Ethernet, the RTSP port is listening? I guess I could reset initial setup via Ethernet to see if that changes the behavior at all. Seems like a long shot though.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

I initially installed ASH21 with wifi setup. I have never attached an ethernet cable. It has always worked.
View Pro and Surveillance Pro work using IP address and port 37777.
Tinycam and Onvifer apps work using Onvif and IP address.
Another program I use requires the camera Amcrest rtsp URL be supplied to the program, and it works.

Suggestion:
Delete your camera from Smart Home account using Delete Device in Smart Home app.
Factory reset your camera. See https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... set-ASH21-
Install your camera using wifi setup in Smart Home app.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Another thought. I use a 2.4 ghz wifi only router. If you are using a mesh router that selects a wifi ssid for you that's both 2.4 and 5.0 ghz, perhaps the 2.4 ghz only ASH21 can't handle it.
talormanda

Post by talormanda »

I just want to report that I am having the same problem. Ports are OFF unless plugged into Ethernet, then they instantly become available to use. I ran a port scan to prove this.

jazzmonger

Post by jazzmonger »

Anyone find a solution to this yet? Amcrest support is worthless.

Jeff
jazzmonger

Post by jazzmonger »

I also verified this problem with the old firmware and new firmware. Same problem.

The *only* way I could get Amcrestview Pro to see the ASH21 was to use p2p. This Does me no good on the NVR though, nor on home assistant.
xephael

Post by xephael »

jazzmonger wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:27 am I also verified this problem with the old firmware and new firmware. Same problem.

The *only* way I could get Amcrestview Pro to see the ASH21 was to use p2p. This Does me no good on the NVR though, nor on home assistant.

Amcrest Support.... any update on this thread? I have 4 of these cameras that are getting sent back to you if rtsp is not enabled for WiFi.
xephael

Post by xephael »

talormanda wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:15 am I just want to report that I am having the same problem. Ports are OFF unless plugged into Ethernet, then they instantly become available to use. I ran a port scan to prove this.

Were you able to find a solution?