ASH21-B - View On other than Phone App

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jack7

Re: ASH21-B - View On other than Phone App

Post by jack7 »

uhs74,
The ASH21 does work for me the way you want to use it. If you tried the steps I suggested with no success, then just return the defective camera and get a second one or another model.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

the surveillance pro app should be able to view any smart home series camera e.g. ash21, ad110, etc unless @uhs74 has partially bricked his ash21 using legacy apps. i would suggest full factory reset and try installing from scratch.

1)Amcrest IP Config Software. this tool can brick smart home series cameras. you can log in and view only but don't attempt to change any configuration using the tool. i have personally bricked one using the ip config tool.

2)Amcrest pro surveillance window software. works with smart home series cameras but do not attempt to change any configuration other than the smart home app.

3)VLC media player. rtsp works with smart home series camera. rtsp://admin:<password>@<local_ip_address>:554

4)Google chrome extension for amcrest. smart home series cameras do not have a web ui--futile exercise.

5)IE 11 browser and directly type ip address. smart home series cameras do not have a web ui--futile exercise.

echoing what @jack7 have said, if you are not able to factory reset to get surveillance pro to work, you may be looking at a rma because i highly suspect you may have partially bricked the camera when using the ip config tool.
uhs74

Post by uhs74 »

Hello Amcrest168
Thank you for reply.

All I want to do is view my ASH21B IP WIFI camera footage on surveillance pro software while my laptop and camera connected to same network on WIFI and it is not working.

I have been struggling on this for now 3-4 days and I have not got any detiled clear solution. I have not changed anything on camera & I reiterate I did some simple steps to check

1) connect camera to wifi using Amcrest mobile phone app as metioned steps in Mobile app using wifi netwrok on 2.4 Ghtz
2) installed surveillance pro software on window 10 based laptop which also connected to same wifi network on 2.4 Ghtz.
3) enter camera entry and ip address of camera in surveillance pro software

iPconfig tool is used to find ip address of camera as mentioned by Amcrest site only.

So I need clear technical support here so i can take decision if camera has issue or limitaiton to view only on mobile phone

amcrest168 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:46 am hi @uhs74 and welcome to the forum. i don't have your particular amcrest ash21 camera but i do recognize it as a smart home camera. it's my understanding smart home series cameras are designed to work with the amcrest smart home app via ios and android smartphones. while quite a few amcrest legacy tools can access some smart home cameras configuration, you should not attempt to change any of the smart home camera configuration outside of the smart home app or risk bricking your smart home camera.

i would strongly advise against using the ip config tool because this tool can seriously brick smart home cameras.

you should be able to add a smart home camera to the surveillance pro but use it for live view only for now.

you should also be able to vlc player to view smart home camera via rtsp with this url, rtsp://admin:<password>@<local_ip_address>:554
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@uhs74, here's how i was able to add a smart home camera to the amcrest surveillance pro. smart home cameras should be added via their local ip address.
surveillance_pro_add.PNG
surveillance_pro_add.PNG (18.54 KiB) Viewed 5218 times
device name: name you give to your smart camera.
method to add: ip/domain. (smart home cameras are not p2p)
port: 37777 (i believe this is the default for smart home cameras). my advise is leave it as 37777. set up port forwarding in your router.
group name: default group.
user name: admin
password: <password to your camera)
uhs74

Post by uhs74 »

thank you all. I tried all steps all bu t no luck. I have returned it & order white one to give second chance.
I will try once I receive other one.
uhs74

Post by uhs74 »

with new camera also no luck same issue.
is there any wifi connection limitation with this camera?
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@uhs74, have you raised a support ticket? i don't have a ash21 to test your reported issue.
https://amcrest.com/smarthomesupport
uhs74

Post by uhs74 »

330321 is ticket but as such no solution is provided.
Brian or Mario R are frrom Support.
Any soultion will be great.

I have other IP camera Foscam R2C is working fine and able to view on laptop while camera is on wifi. so for that camera I do not have any issue and have not touchned anything in my home network.

I purchased ASH21-W - (white one) but same issue. any solution will be great.
delirious

Post by delirious »

I am also having problems getting this camera to connect wirelessly to the surveillance pro app. It will not connect no matter what I try. It will connect if I plug in the ethernet connection. It registers with login and password and I can see and control it in the app. If I unplug the eithernet, it continues to run under wireless, but if you reboot the camera, the wireless once again does not work.

Tech support could not help. Even after taking control of my PC. I was referred to the home division and a ticket was created. No response or help yet.
Macnbaish

Post by Macnbaish »

Received this camera today. When it was on WiFi I also was unable to connect with other apps. I did a port scan of the camera and nothing was open. I then connected the camera to Ethernet. Once on Ethernet the HTTP, RTSP, and 33777 ports opened and I was able to add the camera to other apps. I’m hoping this is a bug and not an intentional thing, as it’s a serious limitation.