ASH-47 Motion follow

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
cklages

ASH-47 Motion follow

Post by cklages »

is there a setting that can be changed on the ash-47 that will make it follow quicker. my problem is it sees a car and turns towards it, but by that time the car is out of the picture and it loses it so it just sits there then returns to home. i want it to follow the car down the street at least enough to get a license if needed.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ASH-47 Motion follow

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly the Ash47 and most motion tracking PTZ cameras with zoom can't do that. Now I have had my AI NVR setup with tripwires to tell my 20x zoom camera to go to a preset that I can then get the plate data from playback. But the camera is higher dollar camera and uses AI could even be just normal camera and ASP to tell PTZ on motion but would false to much. However ASH47 is smarthome device and don't offer zoom and is kind of slow in its own right. Have one on my driveway along with 4 other cameras in around same area using ash47 for fill in of blind spots
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is a Video I made some time ago. This is when I had my 7108-AI DVR setup with 2 tripwires and then used the camera that was connected to that DVR as a camera in my AI NVR that then could use the tripwires to cause my 20x PTZ camera from Amcrest to be able to see the Plates. make note that on the view looking up the street that is about 200+ feet away form the camera and is at 20x zoom. From the video it isn't easy to see the Plates and that is not needed to just show what someone could do using a Static Camera and a PTZ camera to capture plates. If and when I needed the info I could and did playback the footage and was able to use Full view mode to get the plate data I needed...
https://youtu.be/5J2CrU3BCFA
That is the Video.
Next there is the Software Option of using Blue Iris to capture plates. This could be done even using just the Static Camera that I have there I do personally have a LPR camera that is setup only to read plates and the format of the camera don't work for normal view of the scene or Area of View because of the settings that are required to work day or night..

I have setup BI to work with some plate reading. To be clear at the zoom location of that static camera it can't read plates I have to zoom into the road more and plates can be seen. While Bi can record the plates number by design that isn't setup good enough to do so but can clearly see plate if you were to play it back. Here is a Picture from doing so in BI from yesterday..
Screenshot (182).png
Screenshot (182).png (1.59 MiB) Viewed 1842 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

In that picture you can see that I have my 10x zoom static camera zoomed into a closer point to the road then it was in the video. Normally that area where it would show 92% dayplate would have the plates number in there as well, also can be saved to a database for searching just a plate.

Blue Iris is 70 software and can make even a normal static non AI camera a very good capture of the world around us. Worth every dollar spent. However with that said I wouldn't say that it would work well capturing plates using the ASH47 much past your own driveway. This camera is setup at 30fps with 6144 bit rate. While the ASH47 has better and bigger MP lens then my 2mp camera. I have a Optical Zoom camera that works from 5mm to 50mm and this picture is about 33mm to 35mm as that car is about 80 feet from where my camera is mounted.

So I am clear today I forgot to set the camera back to preset 2 and it was setup at preset1 and that is where it was in the video. Today no Plates were captured just cars. I normally have it setup in Bi to make that change but removed all my cameras and set back without adding back in the Scheduled zoom changes for Plates during the day.
Be Safe.
cklages

Post by cklages »

Thanks Revo. you have at least given me more ideas. so i guess there is nothing i can do with the ash47 to make it faster. also what camera do you have that has the 20x zoom and is it optical zoom. i have an old 2108 nvr and i do use blue iris too, so i will look at blue iris and thinking of upgrading my nvr and some of my old cameras.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well my 20x zoom camera I was talking about from Amcrest is an older no longer supported IP2M-850EB PTZ. I do also have the 858 25x PTZ and the 853 12x PTZ. However again they are older and there are some newer ones that are much better. 863, 1063, 1083 and a few others that are AI in their own right and the 10 series are 4mp and or higher. I don't remember what the 1083 is if it was 4mp or 8 but they do have some 8mp AI PTZ cameras. Keep in mind there are some other cameras out there that Amcrest just released if you are not working with very long distances that has 4x zoom. Just keep in mind they are kind of like the 1190 and while I have not bought one yet to check it out. I wanted to a few months ago when I needed one and they were out of stock. Found a different PTZ camera that was 20x zoom and bought it. But now with all I have gone through with that POS camera and all the issues it has I should have just waited. Sure 20x is great but that is about it lol. Should have known better as I have bough from other company before and has always been a let down..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I had someone ask me about License plate and why his setup that is kind of like mine won't capture a plate. So I thought I would show some of what I was talking about when it comes to seeing the LP of cars. in some cases it could be position of the car. In these pictures added you can see that I waited until it was almost out of frame to show the plate however this isn't the point it was clear just wanted to show in my FOV (Feild of View) I have a good distance between starting point that I can see the plate to almost out of scene . In some cases if the lighting is to low, to high or if the camera isn't setup just right for the current conditions you can't make out the plate. However in this post I will show that the camera did see the plate even at this distance and using the Digital zoom feature of the software or hardware being used can even make that detail clearer then normal view.
Screenshot (193).png
Screenshot (193).png (1.53 MiB) Viewed 1835 times
Screenshot (194).png
Screenshot (194).png (984.54 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Just a follow up to the ability of BI and the system being able to read the plates and adding to a data base..
Screenshot (195).png
Screenshot (195).png (903.35 KiB) Viewed 1834 times
Be Safe.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

What IF I don't want to follow vehicles, just dogs? What kind of camera would you recommend then?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To be honest there is a lot to go on with following animals. Most times the dogs are faster then the dome it self on a near object. What I mean is like lets say my 850 mounted on a mount 30 feet in the air. Then you need to zoom the camera to an area of View and then for a zoomed in camera it might be hard for it to be able to track an animal. However what is best to be honest is static cameras. Something mounted in area of known access. Then with a PTZ camera that could be set for a preset to that area if motion is detected. This could be maybe using a AI camera with Tripwire or Intrusion. Having Huaman/Vehicle turned off so anything that crossing or entering will cause it to trip. Then camera being pointed that way. While not something that can really follow it but then another camera closer to the protection are again causes PTZ camera to go to yet another Preset of that area. Some of it will require a persons intervention to track. But getting alerts of something might be enough using the Amcrest app..

As a good PTZ and somewhere to start. I would look at the Amcrest 858. It has 25x zoom if you want 4mp then 1053. Any high quality PTZ that has Wifi I think is a mistake and to be honest I wouldn't use Wifi on the 858..
Be Safe.