ASH-47 Motion follow

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
timlab5555

Re: ASH-47 Motion follow

Post by timlab5555 »

MMMMM, and which arm do I need to give up to get this camera? Is there an alt. by $100 less?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not really anything that will work with a NVR.. I mean sure there are some cameras out there that I am sure might work. However they normally wouldn't be very good and your 15x zoom PTZ camera you have now would be better option then any of the cheap brands. I mean there are many different cameras out there. Some have Beautiful picture and when you install them and use them with the Apps they work with all seems great, However if you want extra like access to the Animal or even People Vehicle detection then you have to buy their cloud and it don't have access to RTSP, or ONVIF so only method of recording would be to a Micro SD card or Cloud. However again the cameras ability to track a hunting dog is something that would require a Real Speed Dome with High Tech AI and would cost easy 10x to 20x the 100 price looking at try and stay at.. I mean there are even some Multi Lens cameras that have 3 and some 4 static cameras with a lower Pan and Tilt but the cost would almost need a second or 3rd Mortgage lol to buy one of them cameras or have unlimited funds.
Be Safe.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

Okay, and now you hit something I've been meaning to ask. You mention dome cameras. Okay, so the only cameras that do PTZ are PTZ cameras correct? I see dome more often then another other cameras. There are bullet, turrent, and PTZ. Do the turrent cameras move their heads like the PTZ cameras?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

No in most cases a Turret camera is just a camera type. When you see something that says it can pan and tilt zyx that is talking about manual moving while being setup. Once you set the screw on the cover ring it don't move in most cases. I mean over time the pads can break down and the head can come loose. I have some older cameras like 2015 that I have had to put some new parts of rubber to hold the head in place. I personally like Bullet camera more then any thing for static cameras. Even have some bullet cameras that are 10 to 12x zoom some with presets others no but auto focus and is important. Like my Dahua Bullet 8mp camera is more of a Set it and forget it type motorized camera because no presets and focus takes forever. Sure have some done cameras that are zoom as well.

But for PTZ most of them are going to be Speed dome type. I mean there is the small line of indoor PT cameras from Amcrest that has a fake zoom 4x that works well and zoom point can save in presets. Have 12 or more of them around. Then there is the Dome type cameras that i have a good few from years past that have no IR but can be used with External IR and even work good enough in low light. Then the Amcrest type with IR that are Speed dome Tech however the camera module is outside the normal housing in it's own head housing that works well most times however to be honest can have some issues with Ice forming on head and base that makes it jam seeing there is no base housing heater. So using a Heat tape maybe needed if living in a High Ice area to keep ice from forming.
Be Safe.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

And the man tells the rest of the story. Thanks
Dan