API for subscribing to events not returning anything

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
iyao4bln

API for subscribing to events not returning anything

Post by iyao4bln »

I have a IP2M-841W-V3; I'm trying to subscribe to motion detection events so that I can trigger some other api actions on my other smart devices. I've tried the python library and the sample code found here: https://github.com/tchellomello/python- ... -702815674. I have also tried hitting the api directly with postman and curl http://<camera>/cgi-bin/eventManager.cgi?action=attach&codes=[AlarmLocal%2CVideoMotion%2CVideoLoss%2CVideoBlind%2CFaceDetection] (I have also tried using '[All]').

All my attempts result in the connection being made and then hanging with no output. I've tried walking and waving in front of the camera to trigger an event. I confirmed that in the logs on the web interface show a motion event beginning and ending so it seems just the api is broken. Can someone point me in the right direction or suggest a next debug step? I have posted screen shots of some relevant configs and the log showing that motion detection is showing.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 6.14.22 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 6.14.22 PM.png (38.91 KiB) Viewed 95 times
Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 6.13.32 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 6.13.32 PM.png (164.62 KiB) Viewed 95 times
Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 6.13.17 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 6.13.17 PM.png (71.46 KiB) Viewed 95 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: API for subscribing to events not returning anything

Post by Revo2Maxx »

My guess is that the info for what your asking for would be best found off the Github post and or from the users there. There are people on there that deal with this kind of stuff much more often then others on the Amcrest Forum. While I am not saying there isn't anyone on the Forum here that wouldn't be willing to help. I just think the time for that info might be faster found at the link you shared in your post.. I seen @GaryOkie was on that post back in 21, If he is following that hub it would be fater to get the info from there seeing I don't think he has been on the Forum here since late last year..
Be Safe.
iyao4bln

Post by iyao4bln »

@Revo2Maxx Thanks for the suggestion. I came here to this forum because it doesn't seem to be a code issue. I tried the api as described by amcrest, and nothing was returned irrespective of the code itself.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting. Well I will admit I don't normally use CGI on my V3 and out of the first 6 I tried returned an error. I didn't check after finding that getting motion detect URL worked. Wonder if it also works for you? changing the IP to meet your needs.

Code: Select all

http://10.0.0.175/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=MotionDetect
Be Safe.