Anyone have a IPM-751

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Anyone have a IPM-751

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello all..

So while I know that the 751 is no longer supported I like the Camera and it does its job most the time lol...

So here is the issue... I have it setup to a DVR, FTP, ASP or PC-NVR, and it has its own 32gb MSD card that it records to. So I was looking to get some data off my MSD today when I found something that bothers me... about mid night there is a 7 minutes of footage that the camera didn't record. Then around 5am same thing. However this time was only 3minutes

It was in that 3 minutes that prompted me to even look up the Footage on the MSD because while looking at the time on my DVR it was missing.. So I was like ok lets look at MSD Wifi connection not an issue there... However same missing time. SO up till that time the Motion light was on when feed cames back Light off so I thought maybe the connection is the light. However in the Footage on the DVR at Mid night I have another outage on the MSD that is the longest I look up the Reboot and it was at 3pm so it wasn't because of that.. However here is the Crazy thing.. On the MSD it is missing yet it Streamed and stored on my DVR at that time. So how could it be missing on the Card but the whole 7min and 45 seconds it was off the MSD it recorded on my DVR? Also what is really Strange it is at 12:40:00. Then comes back on at 12:47:45 ??? Strange thing is there is a few small areas not recorded in the Mid night area on the DVR and does say in Logs that it lost connection to the Camera... The other camera that is connected over Cat6 don't have any loss in camera MSD or on the DVR..

Went and took down the card and checked card for errors there is none to report, card still has read and write within quality control so I can't say it is a card that is going bad and it is only 4 months old... Anytime I have Loss footage in my DVR I just think it is Wifi connection issue. However seems like it could be something else going on... Also last night while it was cold. It wasn't as cold as the night before and is well within its min running temp. Night before had a few very small glitches on the MSD so i don't know

Just looking to see if anyone else has this camera with same or had same issue and what was done to solve it or what?

Thanks
Be Safe.
jack7

Re: Anyone have a IPM-751

Post by jack7 »

Just a few thoughts, although I don't have a 751...
Do you have a wifi analyzer app that can tell you what was going on at the time of the no recording? And maybe a wifi problem caused camera error recovery that also caused stoppage of msd.
Or perhaps your dvr is set up to record msd on camera disconnect and that conflicts with camera general msd recording.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks for the Ideas. I do have one well a couple really. I have a Win10 Version on one of my computers even bought the Updated Pro Version for the extras it offeres... Sadly that computer is only one I use right now with Wifi and I had to take the screw out of the Wifi Module because I lost the one that goes to my SSD when I was doing some Cleaning of the Motherboard.. They are small screws lol. I think when I was blowing the MB off it flew off my desk under my Baseboard only place I didn't look.. . I guess I could put it on one of my Laptops.. Only thing is I don't know how I could get it to work when ever the issue is happening... I have one that is on my Router, one on my AP and another that is on my Cell phone from the router that offers it. Only thing is they don't really offer a Monitor that would detect issues as they happen. They are more of testing as your there kind of thing... Then I do also have a Triplett Wifi Hound lol... While it does have some awesome features for the cost It still isn't going to give me the data I want if I am not watching the unit in action... I mean it will do some great testing. I can put that testing into email or even video and all sorts of cool things. It will show not only the 2.4 data but also any conflicting Blutooth that is in that spectrum as well. Also shows a lot more data then anything my Win10 system does or my Cell Phone apps lol... For over 600USD I would hope so.. I have used it a few times to pinpoint some issues Sadly they were not random late at night issues.

Another strange thing While 32gb don't give much room for Full time recording lol So I have always had it setup to Overwrite when full... Odd enough right after I posted the message the Recording stopped and the setting is on Full Stop and the Email when full is no longer checked WTH lol... Infact none of the items are checked any longer under the Event for Storage and I had them all working the other night because I have it tell me when it is getting low so i can save any data that might have been wanted before it keeps going.. Have it set to send me an email at 10% and even that is unchecked lol... Oh well. Email, FTP and all that is still setup that is important parts lol.. Adding back all the checks is easier then having to remember Passwords.. Don't have anything in my Log book about doing a Restore off an old export. Only thing I could think of... Or maybe when I took the card out the other day to check footage the battery is bad so the data isn't being saved on Power off... I have an 841 POE that the battery is dead.. Well the whole thing is dead now but that is a different story.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hummm strange little camera.. I have not had these kind of issues with this. However as I was typing the last post. I made the changes so it would be good. I could do some testing of things I change the Overwrite to enabled and saved.. I just went back and looked seen that things went changing again. Only thing I have done since my changes and saving was format the MSD and that makes it reboot. I come back a couple of minutes ago to find the Thing is all off again. I didn't even think about looking at the settings after Reboot I just took for granted that they would still be in there.. Sadly no. As much as I have said this before I like this camera however I guess it is on it's last saves...

Well good news is I spent some time and did some Repairs to one of my Speed Domes. Besides needing a new Voltage Regulator it too needed it's battery replaced. So it took me a while to find fault because when I took out Voltage regulator and tested it, it worked. Only thing is I didn't test it at Load. After installing it thinking it was good. I had to remove it again. Tested with Load I could see part was bad and Ordered it from Ti. So It will go back on duty as soon as I want to get the Ladder out and spend the crazy amount of time it takes to install it. All the wiring is already there just having to hook up, 3 alarm inputs, RS-485, Power, Video, IR power. Wonder if all the alarms are still set or if I will have to setup and adjust the IR and trigger to positions... Even before changing out the Battery it would stay in the camera only thing that would get crazy when power was removed was Date and Time... It would wake up in the year 2145 lol.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So strange... I have not looked at the FTP Server I better soon I am sure it needs some purging by now lol.. However looking at the data since midnight some strange things going on... First Picture I will add is a Screen shot from local WebUI of the Recording on the MSD.. Second Picture is from Brand N DvR that has IP Camera input and has had this connected for months. Most issues have been found on the DvR with recording because of loss of Wifi.. However since Midnight don't worry about the time saying since 21st of last month that is just a time line of how far back that CH data goes since last Purge... Anyway looking at the Recording bar on the DvR you would think there would be cuts from loss of Connection. However looking over Logs and Network Traffic data there hasn't been a loss of Connection from that IP. So strange that the camera MSD has so many loss data and DVR has all good recording data... If you look at the First Picture at every hour there is always a mark there.. However if you look there area many many marks in the records since midnight. This on the MSD... Again I tested the Card it is good... I wonder if it don't like the Cold. Un-like some of my Other cameras this one don't have a Heater built in it however it didn't get much under 30 degrees F. last night so it is within its Normal temps... The second picture shows what ever the issue with the Camera and mSd wasn't do to power fail or loss of network seeing all was recorded over Wifi that is really outside of its reach anyway and I have Concrete walls to boot... Things that make you scratch your head...
Screenshot (396).png
Screenshot (396).png (139.36 KiB) Viewed 268 times
DVRRecord.jpg
DVRRecord.jpg (85.29 KiB) Viewed 268 times
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Your 721 looks like it may be in its last days. :) In your Web UI screenshot, the green bar with black lines does seem to have some repeating patterns in it. Have you clicked File List? It might help in analysing the blank areas. It appears your camera keeps running but something is interrupting the msd recorder on a fairly regular basis.

Regarding your earlier post on your wifi analysers not being able to record whats going on over a long period of time.
I just use an old android app called WIFI Analyzer by farproc. There are lots of wifi apps on google play. I did a quick look and did not see anything that would log everything over a long period. So being curious, I did the following:
Started my wifi app displaying a continuous time graph of wifi signal for all LANs available to app. Then I put my android tablet on the floor and used an IP camera handheld to record for a minute with VGA 1fps. Of coure this could be refined a lot, and record any screen in the app.
Result was:
https://youtu.be/uwGaFId11-Y

I have never heard of having to replace a battery in an IP camera. But I'm sure my cams are not very old compared to some of yours. :)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I do have some old Cell Phones laying around I guess I could change over one of my PTdZ 1080p cameras or my GoPro and set up to record over 24hrs and see what it comes up with... Sadly the Triplett Hound while it does have some great features it would burn up if I tried to force it to stay on over standard running time. Kind of like recording with my S9 in Ultra HD it will only record for 10min max because phone gets way to hot and that is the limit they imposed I can record in lower 1080p or even 2k for longer then 10min...

Here is a Picture of the Battery of a 841EB Because of the Nature of the MB I am going to only post a small area of the board showing only battery area. This battery location is next to the Pan Motor and cutout in the PCB for motor. Sadly this don't seem like a slide in and out battery it is soldered into MB just like my Speed dome.. However my speed dome take much larger 3v battery...
841EB-Bat.jpg
841EB-Bat.jpg (113.19 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thought I would post a Pic of the Speed dome MB after I installed new Battery that it needed.. Old Battery was at .91v on a 3.0v battery lol... When power was removed or rebooting, the camera would come back online with Crazy dates lol...
Speed-Dome.jpg
Speed-Dome.jpg (196.36 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Be Safe.