Anybody ever have luck repurposing old Vivint cameras?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
rana0460

Anybody ever have luck repurposing old Vivint cameras?

Post by rana0460 »

I've got a few Vivint Ping cameras and some ADC-V520IR cameras that don't seem to be accessible when I plug them in to the network. I'm well past my vivint contract expiry but I feel guilty just tossing out what could be perfectly useful gear as e-waste. Any help appreciated.
Pogo

Re: Anybody ever have luck repurposing old Vivint cameras?

Post by Pogo »

You got me curious...

They both appear to be Vivint with the V520IR being primarily used with the ADT Alarm.com wi-fi NVR systems for indoor surveillance at 720p. Looks like the 'Ping' may be a 1080p device and looks like the predecessor to a Ring 'Stick-Up' indoor wi-fi camera. More info on those would be helpful. Maybe also part of an Alarm.com system?

Both are readily available on ebay for actual $$$ so still appear to have value. Without additional research I'm guessing both require a proprietary wi-fi hub and/or some type of cloud authentication and/or proprietary app for control and viewing, though the V520R info does indicate accessibility from a variety of devices, but again, specifies their particular means for doing so.

Both could still serve viable purposes in certain applications unless 100% proprietary and rely on a compatible control unit / NVR to operate. Still not quite in the e-waste category yet, but certainly limited in their capabilities by today's standards -- imho anyway.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Anybody ever have luck repurposing old Vivint cameras?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Welcome to the forum.

I personally not sure why you would be posting Vivint Cameras in a Amcrest Forum.. Maybe this is one of them I Got this Post. Either way..

Think you would be better off looking for a Forum that Deals Direct with Vivint Cameras as they would have better idea of what and or how to make your system work. For all I know the hardware was removed from a system that was being paid on and wasn't paid off and all the hardware was Locked out. Not sure if they even have such program but is something that I know can be done with SN of IP cameras or devices. So if they don't talk and if the company has not Trashed the product it might be SN Locked.
Be Safe.