Any one with No WebUI but can still access RTSP feed

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Any one with No WebUI but can still access RTSP feed

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I have a camera that I can't access the WebUI anymore. I can do a search on IP config and the camera comes up just fine. If I try to access the camera I get a connection failed.

So I thought ok that is the password. I go to VLC and bring up the camera and the camera loads, Then it runs for 30 seconds or 1min and then nothing. If I wait a little I can get the play to bring up the feed again..

So then I did Nmap on the camera and oddly it only has RTSP port and port 5000 open. It still comes back as a Amcrest Mac address. If there is no port 80 open how is it able to read the camera data? to know the mac address and get a reply that it is a Amcrest camera?

I can't reset the camera either Not even using the button on the camera.

I can change the cameras IP address even using the Ip tools from Dahua. But that is all that I can do..

Anyone have this issue before? If you did and now the camera is working again what did you do to repair the issue?

Also sounds like the camera has issued a error to the Ethernet chip and it isn't turning on. However that don't sound right because I am still able to change IP address for it and it knows it is an Amcrest camera..

Don't think it is ethernet Transformer because I am able to power the camera over POE and 12v.. However it might be because if I remember right I was able to power my Dahua 4mp AI IP camera I was able to factory reset it and I didn't have any IP or search data... . I knew it was working just no access to it. After replacing the Transformer it was back up and running more then likely not that because as I said I can still get an IP address and access over RTSP.. Couldn't on the Dahua..

Just asking..
Be Safe.