Anti Dither? PRO HD

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Jordan77

Anti Dither? PRO HD

Post by Jordan77 »

Can someone explain what anti-dither is and how it works with motion detect?

I think I understand that it's some kind of alarm/event timer, but that's about it.
What does it do exactly and how do you want to set it?
Jordan77

Re: Anti Dither? PRO HD

Post by Jordan77 »

anyone......anyone......bueller.......bueller.....
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello Jordan77,

Anti Dither is basically the alarm time or how long the camera stays in triggered state once it detects motion. For example if the anti dither setting is 60 seconds and the interval under email settings is set to 5 secs, that means once the camera detects motion it will send one email every 5 seconds for 60 seconds which is the anti dither time.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Jordan77

Post by Jordan77 »

Does it have any effect on motion detection recording video?
lemmy999

Post by lemmy999 »

Melvin wrote:Hello Jordan77,

Anti Dither is basically the alarm time or how long the camera stays in triggered state once it detects motion. For example if the anti dither setting is 60 seconds and the interval under email settings is set to 5 secs, that means once the camera detects motion it will send one email every 5 seconds for 60 seconds which is the anti dither time.

Can you tell me where this email setting is located? I am not using the cloud, I connect directly to the camera to configure it. But I can find no setting to control anything with regards to the emails sent out (how often the pictures are taken, how many are taken, etc).

So that I do not get thousands of emails per day I have had to set the anti-dither to 1 second and that seems to reduce the emails down to 3 per motion event.
Jordan77

Post by Jordan77 »

Postby Jordan77 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:44 pm

Does it have any effect on motion detection recording video?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello lemmy999 ,

The setting is under setup > Email (SMTP). It says interval and you can enter the value in seconds. That is the only option.

Jordan77 ,

No it has no effect on video recording.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us