Anti-Dither forcing 15 seconds

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Morgon

Anti-Dither forcing 15 seconds

Post by Morgon »

When in the NVR's direct web app, I'm trying to update the Anti-Dithering setting for my 956E dome. The text claims it can be 0 - 600. However, when I try to enter in '30' (as an example), it automatically overwrites my value with '15'.

From a technical perspective, I see why that is happening. Looking at the javascript on the page, there's a check to determine whether it can actually go up to 600:

Code: Select all

isKeyEnable("Func_antiDither") ? attachLimitEx("videoDetect_antiDither_text",5,15,2) : attachLimitEx("videoDetect_antiDither_text",0,600,3)
Essentially, this is saying if 'Func_antiDither' is true, then it will only accept 5 - 15 seconds(?) with a max of 2 characters, else it will accept 0 - 600 with a max of 3 characters. Since 'Func_antiDither' is somehow true, it resetting any value over 15 back to 15. I'm just not sure what is controlling the value of 'Func_antiDither'; that's a question for devs.

As a note, when using the Amcrest Surveillance Pro, I don't have a limit on the Anti-Dithering filed, but since that app seems to only support a single 'region' channel and I don't like saving data between two apps, I'd prefer not to have to use that (or have that program support all four regions).

Any feedback from the devs would be greatly appreciated.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Anti-Dither forcing 15 seconds

Post by Melvin »

Hello Morgon ,

Anti Dither is the detection period. It is how long the camera stays triggered when motion is detected. As for the issue you mentioned, I will forward it to the concerned team. Try setting this from the camera directly.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Morgon

Post by Morgon »

Can't set it on the camera directly. As I've mentioned in another thread, this is behind the NVR, with no direct access.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hi Morgan,

I see what you mean now. I will report this issue as well.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Morgon

Post by Morgon »

Hi Melvin, did you ever get feedback on your report about this issue?

Trying to save camera configurations from other programs, such as the iPhone app, that allow me to set the proper anti-dither always ends up resetting my Region settings since it doesn't support multiple Regions.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello Morgon,

I was notified that the the R&D is working on it.

webhead

Post by webhead »

FYI, I am also having this issue and it's kind of frustrating. Do you guys have any ETA on when a fix is coming?