Amcrest WiFi Outdoor PTZ questions.

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Chyde

Amcrest WiFi Outdoor PTZ questions.

Post by Chyde »

Hello. Just got my wireless amcrest PTZ cam installed about a month ago. Works great on my network however I was wondering when I start recording off the Amcrest NV2116-HS it really bogs the PTZ camera down. I have about 3 amcrest IP2M-852 cams that work perfect on record but when recording the PTZ cam it really bogs the PTZ cam down. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest WiFi Outdoor PTZ questions.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

Can you please give some info about What camera you have, What Firmware it is running and little more detail on what you mean by bogs down the PTZ camera? Causing Lag? Or commands to the PTZ while recording is slow? Or access to the PTZ camera in the network is slow or not working? Sorry I am not there so I am not sure what is going on to give a idea of the issue.
Be Safe.
Chyde

Post by Chyde »

I'll post the info you requested tomorrow..
Chyde

Post by Chyde »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:44 pm Hello and welcome to the Forum.

Can you please give some info about What camera you have, What Firmware it is running and little more detail on what you mean by bogs down the PTZ camera? Causing Lag? Or commands to the PTZ while recording is slow? Or access to the PTZ camera in the network is slow or not working? Sorry I am not there so I am not sure what is going on to give a idea of the issue.
Its the PTZ IP2M-858W. When I go in to record off the NVR it really bogs down or bottlenecks the cameras functions.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thank you for the update. Strange really I know no one likes to have questions about how things are setup. However it almost sounds like it might be a Router issue if I had to guess.

So where are you trying to access the cameras PTZ functions? The NVR/DVR, Phone app, IE, ASP, or Chrome App?
Let me expand. So say your using the NVR/DVR for these functions and there is lag have you tried to use IE or other method and have the same lag issues While it is recording?

What is all connected to the Camera when you notice the lag? (Amcrest Cloud?) Does it have an issue when your on the NVR/DVR with all cameras recording but not the 858 same lag? Or only when you set the 858 to record?

While I guess network issue I am not sure just a guess... What kind of network do you have your system connected to? Do you have a Network Managed Switch? Router? or a Hub? How are the Cameras connected? Is this 858 connected via Eth0 or Wifi? If it is Wifi have you tested with a Eth0 cable to see if it has the same issues?
Be Safe.
Chyde

Post by Chyde »

I'm using Wi-Fi Ubiquiti access point and the PTZ camera is only 15 ft away with no obstructions so there's no problem there. It's just every time I record the PTZ camera to the NVR it bottlenecks the PTZ camera functions down very bad. I was wondering is there a firmware upgrade for the IP2M-858W?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There is one in 2018 so if your FW is not V2.422.AC02.0.R then I would DL the new one
Be Safe.
Chyde

Post by Chyde »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:51 am There is one in 2018 so if your FW is not V2.422.AC02.0.R then I would DL the new one
Where do we find the firmware?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

IF you have not setup to get Firmware updates I would go to the Firmware page via the link in the support menu at the top of this page under Support, Firmware. There it will ask you to put in your Email and then you will get the list of Firmware. Looking over the cameras and DVR/NVR's list until your model comes up. At times they will offer what was updated in the new update. Click the firmware when you find your product and DL it to where you can then in your device point to the NEW FW package. Just did an update to a camera I just got last week and was done really fast. Just wait until you see the bar say it is done. Once done your system will act like it rebooted While mine didn't so I went and did a Manual Reboot and all up and running great.
Be Safe.
Chyde

Re: Amcrest PTZ IP2M-858W questions.

Post by Chyde »

Chyde wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:38 pm Hello. Just got my wireless amcrest PTZ cam installed about a month ago. Works great on my network however I was wondering when I start recording off the Amcrest NV2116-HS it really bogs the PTZ camera down. I have about 3 amcrest IP2M-852 cams that work perfect on record but when recording the PTZ cam it really bogs the PTZ cam down. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks