Amcrest WiFi cameras on Linksys Velop

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
thegregthomp

Amcrest WiFi cameras on Linksys Velop

Post by thegregthomp »

I've migrated my network to a linksys velop mesh system and my two existing cameras and one brand new camera will not work. The existing two worked fine on a base station extreme for ~1 year. I've tried reseting, isolating my 2.4ghz band and 5ghz band, everything. disabling firewalls, disabling wpa2, nothing. They will not work. everything else works fine. Nest devices, google chromecasts, and countless other smart home devices. What gives. I've spent 5 hours and tried everything. Also, what's with the chiming on the connection now? does it use that?
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest WiFi cameras on Linksys Velop

Post by Melvin »

Hello thegregthomp,

Please ensure that the 2.4 Ghz and 5GHz networks have unique SSID. You can also try changing the wireless channel and wifi mode (from B/G/N to N only) for 2.4 network and see if they work
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

thegregthomp

Post by thegregthomp »

I've done the first part of your response and no luck. I have another router that they can connect to so I sense there's a compatibility issue with amcrest cameras and the velop system which is a big deal breaker moving forward.
hesamaskari

Post by hesamaskari »

After fiddling for hours and almost giving up on my cameras, I found what was the problem (at least for my system). The default range of IPs for the cameras were 192.168.. but the Linksys router was using 10.128..

So the cameras were unable to obtain an IP and that was the reason for all the problems. I changed the range on the router and all is working fine. No issues now between my Linksys Velop WiFi5 router and my cameras (IP3M-943S, IP3M-943W, IP2M-851W). There was no need to have unique SSIDs for the 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks.