Amcrest Web View CHROME EXTENSION

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
tbwalkeriii

Amcrest Web View CHROME EXTENSION

Post by tbwalkeriii »

I've installed the Chrome extension for "Amcrest Web View", but when I launch it the screen that is supposed to display the camera picture is a blank, black screen. I've managed to get the camera to display in the classic Internet Explorer, but it is too wide and the picture goes over the controls.

Can anyone help me figure out why the Chrome extension isn't working for me? I've tried it on 3 different computers now, all with the same result.
Amcrest_Web_View_Chrome.JPG
Amcrest_Web_View_Chrome.JPG (77.75 KiB) Viewed 12290 times
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ted Walker
mromamcrest

Re: Amcrest Web View CHROME EXTENSION

Post by mromamcrest »

Good Afternoon tbwalkeriii,

Which model of a camera are you experiencing this on?

Also, would you be able to show me what may be going on with IE?

If you prefer, for any additional assistance, Please reach out to our team by either calling 1-888-212-7538 or by email at [email protected].
tbwalkeriii

Post by tbwalkeriii »

The model camera that I am having this issue with is the Amcrest IP2M-853EW (Software Version: 2.422.AC02.0.R.R4.1217.9A.NR, Build Date: 2018-07-06, WEB Version: 3.2.1.485721). I'm still having the problem with CHROME, and I would prefer to use CHROME over Internet Explorer simply because Microsoft has made it clear that Internet Explorer is no longer being upgraded in the future.

I was able to resolve the "too wide" overlapping video issue in Internet Explorer by reading through different online Internet posts and discovering that the display issue i was having in Internet Explorer was related to "high DPI scaling behavior" and that I had to locate the WebActiveEXE.exe plugin that installed for Internet Explorer and then right-click and choose PROPERTIES > COMPATIBILITY, followed by pressing the CHANGE HIGH DPI SETTINGS button and checking the box for "High DPI scaling behavior" to get it to appear correctly in Internet Explorer (See picture below).

I still would like assistance with getting CHROME to work if at all possible, and I don't mind keeping it in the public forum if this could possibly help someone else in the future.
IE_Browser_Video_Overlap_Fix.JPG
IE_Browser_Video_Overlap_Fix.JPG (128.06 KiB) Viewed 12280 times
Thank you again for your help.
tbwalkeriii

Post by tbwalkeriii »

I was just reading the reviews in the Chrome Web Store for the Amcrest Web View extension and one of the most recent reviews says that this extension no longer works with the latest version of Chrome. Is that true? What browser can be used with the Amcrest IP2M-853EW on Windows 10? Is internet Explorer the only Windows 10 browser that Amcrest currently has a working web viewer for?
Amcrest Web View Chrome Extension 1.JPG
Amcrest Web View Chrome Extension 1.JPG (56.07 KiB) Viewed 12279 times
Amcrest Web View Chrome Extension 2.JPG
Amcrest Web View Chrome Extension 2.JPG (80.52 KiB) Viewed 12279 times
tbwalkeriii

Post by tbwalkeriii »

just as an added note. I've tried this on 3 different computers with 2 different versions of Chrome.

Initially, all three computers had Google Chrome Version 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit), but I went ahead and upgraded all of them to the latest as of June-19-2019 to Google Chrome Version 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit). Two of the computers are running Windows 10 and one of the computers is running Windows 7 Pro. One of my test Windows 10 machines and the Windows 7 Pro computer are newly imaged clean installs of Windows at our company office, of which I am the IT director.

Even after updating all three computers to the latest Chrome, the Amcrest Web View Chrome extension still fails to work on any of them.

Please tell me that my model Amcrest camera, which I just purchased for our company last week, can run off of more than just Internet Explorer! I love the Amcrest technology and zoom capabilities, but I can't bring this to management and tell them they have to use an old, legacy browser to view it because the manufacture hasn't updated their software to work with any modern Windows 10 browsers. I refuse to tell them that.
CJing

Post by CJing »

Yes. Me too no way to view cameras on Mac OS. All plugins and web view chrome extension not working. How can I view cameras on computer when not on home WiFi ?
CJing

Post by CJing »

we did manage to get the seamonkey web browser working on 2 laptops it works to log into and view the cameras settings etc. we got the chrome extension to work on one laptop but not another both macs. wish this was a little easier
martin777

Post by martin777 »

I have the following 7 cameras working well in Linux Mint 17.2, 18.3 and Win7. Laptop and PC. Win10 NEVER!
3-IP2M-841W's, IP2M-842EW, IP2M-848E, IP2M-853E and IP2M-858W.
I use the Amcrest Web View extension with Google Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit).
If I use version 77 or above it breaks the web view app (Can't view sub-menus in setup). Java problem?
I have tried Sea Monkey and Pale Moon. Both will not install the plugin to view the camera--Error "404 not found".

You can roll back Google Chrome HERE

I have 7 Amcrest cameras and I'm getting a bit worried about updates for these apps.

Come-on Amcrest. Get off your a**es.
IP2M-842E,848E,853E,858W (all PoE), 3-841W's WiFi
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am having a hard time understanding what Amcrest needs to get off well you said it..Above... I have Win10 you say NEVER! that is your right... But Things work in WIN10 for me.. Even Sea Monkey. I Just logged into both Old and NEW FW while the New one does give a Warning or Info message that the Audio is Disabled because of well the FW ....

So then we have this... Using with 76.0.3809.100 your system works but with new Chrome 77 it don't work? OK how is that Amcrest Fault? They didn't tell Chrome to change the CODE so what used to work no longer works.... I don't know what I use for Chrome.. But My Amcrest View App works... Guess it is the 76 version... Why is it that everyone is getting upset with Amcrest or even other CCTV companies when other people do things that Break what used to work... Now I am starting to understand why the OTHER BRAND of CCTV I own why they only carry a VERY limited ITEMS... LIke they were left in the past... Because they got tired of hearing people say the item don't work.... Sorry it works.. Just others in this case Chrome, and your Case Sea Monkey as well... Don't work.... Mint? Going to have to go get my out dated computer out that has Mint on it because all others don't work with it and seeing it was my Dads before he passed away I can not get rid of it... Had xp on it.. Had huge Dislike for XP lol... SO I put on Mint seeing Win10 won't work...

Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

martin777,
Did you use Pale Moon 32 bit? It appears required for the Amcrest 32 bit plugins. I've read that, not used it.