Amcrest View Pro Remote Viewing with Android V10

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Dwiddoes

Amcrest View Pro Remote Viewing with Android V10

Post by Dwiddoes »

I recently upgraded my phone from a Samsung S8 to an S10. While using the S8, Amcrest view pro worked great with and without Wi-Fi connection. Since upgrading to S10, I can only see view the cameras when connected to a Wi-Fi network. If I’m in a remote location without a Wi-Fi connection, Amcrest View Pro Live View responds with Failed to Connect..

I spent a hr with tech support and she finally suggested a hard reset of the cameras and adding them again.... Hummm!!!

I did the hard reset. I launched Amcrest View Pro and removed all cameras (currently 4). I added them all again. Could once again launch Live View for each camera and view successfully “connected” to my Wi-Fi network. When I turned off Wi-Fi on my phone Live View Failed to Connect.

I installed Amcrest View Pro on my wife’s Samsung S8. Added all cameras. Live View function properly with and without Wi-Fi connections....

Does Amcrest View Pro support Samsung S10 Android V10?

Thank you...
Dwiddoes

Re: Amcrest View Pro Remote Viewing with Android V10

Post by Dwiddoes »

Samsung S8 is running Android V9
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

That is hard one.. .I have the S9 Have a few months yet before I can upgrade to the 10. I am sure since you were talking with Support but I am going ask anyway! When you set them up this time did you use your Wife's Phone and or Scan all the QR codes from the cameras and setup the Cameras over P2P...

I would make sure that the P2P is active and I am going to guess seeing that your Wife is able to connect away from home or with Mobile Data active and Wifi off that it is Online...
Then I would make sure to check your cameras that you setup the cameras with the Option of Wifi Ethernet/Already connected, P2P Type of Install, Scan or Manually type in the SN of camera... Then you should be able to use the Phone away to access the cameras.

Only thing that Comes to mind
Be Safe.
Dwiddoes

Post by Dwiddoes »

Hello Revo2Maxx,

Thank you for responding.

On my s10, I removed all existing cameras set up via Amcrest View Pro. I restarted the phone and started the Add Device for each camera. I used the scan Serial number for each camera and was able to launch Live View and see each camera. My service provider is Verizon and they deliver samsung s10 with an App called Digital Secure which is supposed to help with privacy and security threats. I turned that off. I turned off Wi-Fi and tried Live View with unsatisfactory results.

I installed Amcrest View Pro on my wife’s phone (S8 with Android V9) in the exact same manner as on my phone. Live View functioned as designed with and without Wi-Fi connection.

Does Amcrest Techincal Support monitor these posts? Very frustrating...

Thank you again...
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Humm that is interesting. I also have Verizon for Cell... Question I have does your wife also use Verizon? You on a Shared account? You on Unlimited?

Not sure i am going to guess they tried this.. However Did you try and change what Connection your going to view meaning Extra or Main? I ask because it almost sounds like your S10 might be on High Res data when trying to access over Verizon and maybe the account is in Throttle mode?

So depending on your Service agreement with Verizon it could be that your on service that is maybe limited to a set play size. So when your wife can connect and your phone won't maybe because of the Size Restraint over the service?

If this isn't the issue please forgive me as I am not sure I am going over what I had an issue with myself. Had to upgrade my contract to provide a better streaming where I was at first stuck at 480p normal. Never had an issue with youtube but wouldn't load my Videos. After upgrading to 1080p on my Verizon Account I can access my cameras fine on Main view.. Only guess seeing wifes phone has different screen then the S10 so that is what made me think about my issue. That was only after we went Unlimited data because before 8gig a month there was no limit of output because they wanted you to use it all fast anyway lol...
Be Safe.
Dwiddoes

Post by Dwiddoes »

Yes, my wife and I share 8gig on our Verizon account. I have tried setting the toggle from Extra to Main. No difference. Not sure we are bumping up against limitations on data. We have consistently rolled over 2.5-3 gig month to month. We also use Ring Cameras outside (3) and have never had a problem with viewing or data throttle issues.

I’m just wondering if there is a compatibility issue with Verizon Samsung S10 Android V10 and the latest build of Amcrest View Pro or the latest firmware update on the cameras..

Have always used Samsung phones starting with S5.... then S6, S7, S8, and recently S10...

Thank you for your suggestions... Just wish someone had a similar configuration.. Best of luck if and when you migrate to S10..
Dwiddoes

Post by Dwiddoes »

I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!!!

On my Samsung S10, I had Data Saver turned on. I turned it off and Live View was able to display my cameras without a Wi-Fi connection......

I always had Data Saver on with my S8.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome I am glad you found it. I couldn't understand why it wasn't working... I have had my Data Saver turned off... I just thought I would mention that looking at my phone I turned it on and as it was I to couldn't get the Video to show.. However there is an area that you can click on where the toggle is and then you can click on Amcrest View Pro app and it will work with the Data Saver on if you wish to have the feature active...
SmartSelect_20200122-174427_Settings.jpg
SmartSelect_20200122-174427_Settings.jpg (249.54 KiB) Viewed 1018 times
Be Safe.
Dwiddoes

Post by Dwiddoes »

Yes, I saw that. I tried allowing Amcrest to run with Data Saver turned on but still would not allow me to view. That’s fine, as long as I know I have a simple toggle to turn off if I’m not within a Wi-Fi network...

Thank you Revo2Maxx..