Amcrest View Pro App

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
redbeard

Amcrest View Pro App

Post by redbeard »

I recently installed a IP8M-249 bullet camera. It went pretty well for the first few days. I set up port forwarding on my router and was able to view the camera off my network via the Amcrest View Pro App. Now, I just get a Login Timed Out message. I can still view the camera locally when on my home network. I can also view the camera remotely on via the Amcrest Cloud. I power cycled the camera and still no luck. Anyone have any ideas of anything else I can try? I have more than enough bandwidth as my connection is 1G/500M. Thanks in advance.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest View Pro App

Post by Revo2Maxx »

That is a hard one when it is coming to Network issues... To be Honest.. I would reset the Ports back and I would turn on P2P and make your connections that way. Then there is no worry about outside traffic to your network or having to port anything... P2P is the best for keeping the ability to view outside your local network..

Only other thing About your setup is double checking that your ISP didn't close up your Port and make sure your IP is still the normal IP as some ISP change them every so often.

Running a P2P there is no need to have any of that outside info remembered as the camera and the P2P server keep this info with a Open link to your device when pinged by what ever wants to connect to it.
Be Safe.
redbeard

Post by redbeard »

Thank you for the quick reply. Is there a link or anything with directions on how to set up P2P?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am sure there is. However I can't find anything

SO while not all cameras are the same... I will give some ideas of where to find in this text here...

Log into your camera from the local network. In my case Chrome. Then I type in 10.0.0.219 when the WebUI comes up I put in my Password and the Camera comes online. Then at the Right top is the Setup Alarm and logout. CLick on Setup. The on the left menu a Menu comes up. On mine second one down is Network, Click Network, Then here is where some Differ. Some might have under the Network Tab P2P, However on mine you need to go in a tab deeper so Click on TCP/IP When that comes up at the top of that window will have 2 or more options but in mine there are 2 options. One is TCP/IP and next to that is P2P. When you click on P2P a window opens with your SN and a QR-Code. If it isn't already clicked Enable seeing most times it is already to go... Make note of that set of numbers under your SN. If you are turning it on for first time. Press Save. If it was already on it should say online...

Then when you go to your app on your phone or Tablet, you will want to be honest set it back up from scratch on the App...
Delete the one there now. From your app. CLick on the 3 lines with 3 dots in front of it for the menu on the left side. then click Device Manager, then click on the camera in question, then click the trash can...

Then on the top right click button, Click Add Device, Then Click type. If under Wifi you then would click on Add Connected Device, Or if you click on POE Camera the P2P setup option is there. Click the P2P setup and scan code comes up. You can put in the SN manually but I just have the Camera UI open and on the P2P page so I just scan the code on that page and then save and Poof the Camera is now online your Phone..
In the Time writing this I just set up 4 Amcrest Camera P2P. Because I deleted the app yesterday never added them back yet so I just did.. Fast and easy when they are already running on your network anyway lol...
Be Safe.
redbeard

Post by redbeard »

Thanks again.....I will give that a shot when I get back home on my network.