Amcrest UltraHD 5-Megapixel Outdoor POE Camera - as Standalone

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ElectronicsNut

Amcrest UltraHD 5-Megapixel Outdoor POE Camera - as Standalone

Post by ElectronicsNut »

I am looking for an Outdoor camera that I can connect without having to connect to the internet. I came across the Amcrest UltraHD 5-Megapixel Outdoor POE Camera (IP5M-B1186Eb-28MM) and was curious as to if it needs Active X as some of the other cameras from different manufactures need to have installed. Active X is out of the question.

Requirements:
- PoE (48VDC)
- Access camera video by using a browser and the camera's IP address
- No recording
- No Active X requirements

I am replacing an old X10 AirSite camera that I used for 8 years and it finally bit the dust last week.

Setup:
Will be used as a backup camera on my RV travel trailer (Wi-Fi signals from the back of the trailer is not an option). Already have PoE (48VDC) in place in the travel trailer. Camera has CAT6 connected to the Wi-Fi router inside the travel trailer. The truck has a tablet that connects to the Wi-Fi router (to camera's IP) in the travel trailer and displays the rear camera video. This setup has been working great for the last 8 years. Everything has power while driving.

Your thoughts