AMcrest Surveillence Pro - IP4M local video record filetype

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
cihanko1

AMcrest Surveillence Pro - IP4M local video record filetype

Post by cihanko1 »

by using AMcrest Surveillence Pro I tried to do a local record.

It saved the file into my desktop, with a filetype of "-dat".

also I could not get the audio using gom player. I guess it is related with a codec issue on gom player.

can I change this filetype to avi , mp4 or some other common filetypes????

can some body help me on this?
longedge
Site Admin

Re: AMcrest Surveillence Pro - IP4M local video record filetype

Post by longedge »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I think that the file type that is being saved is probably a .dav. This is a video format that includes far more information than a normal video, including timeline, motion and AI detection information and much more.

When you installed ASP, a dedicated player "Smart Player" will also have been installed on your system and a file association should have been set up automatically so you can just double click the .dav file to open the player.

When you have opened SmartPlayer, one of the things that you can do is to select and then export your .dat file to another format (.avi is one option).

Hope that helps.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Another way is to export directly from ASP.  After recording local clips in ASP, go to Playback, click Local at top left and a  local clip list will appear.  Play a clip,  or select one or more clips and then click the second icon at bottom left to Export.  A box will appear to select export file type(mp4, etc) and where to store exported files.
cihanko1

Post by cihanko1 »

thank you for responding. I could manage to export my videos to AVI format.

but when I tried to play the exported avi files I just can get the audio only. video is not exist.

what do you think the reason might be?
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

I'm a little puzzled. In your other thread you have posted a screenshot of the live view of your camera. I'm not sure what the address shown in your screenshot is "webrec", I would expect to see the local IP address of the camera. May I ask, have you deliberately blocked out the image from the camera or are you really seeing a black screen like that and how exactly did you get that screenshot? Just as an example, I've just taken a screenshot from the live view WEB interface of one of my cameras and this is what I see.
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (351.59 KiB) Viewed 2732 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

that is from using amcrestview dot com... logging into your camera it is almost like cloud service but there is no storage. It is purely a Log in portal to cameras that use P2P and it has been long time since I used it but I think you go and tell the website the camera, then you have to use the user and pass on that website and it will log in your camera. IT uses P2P and can give a good view while away of your cameras in kind of webUI looking format. I pulled it after a different company was hacked and got all the user and password off the server after that I was like NOPE to risky and pulled my account and then changed my passwords incase it keeps a old user log...
Be Safe.
cihanko1

Post by cihanko1 »

Yes I found the way to open WEB interface to connect through the IP number. Then I got seamless video stream.

thanks a lot for your support!!!
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

:D another mystery solved. I've never used any cloud services which is why I didn't recognise the interface.