amcrest surveillance pro

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jmleteck

amcrest surveillance pro

Post by jmleteck »

in amcrest surveillance pro my user name is admin and my password is admin.
is there a way to change it
jmleteck IP2M-841
papster33

Re: amcrest surveillance pro

Post by papster33 »

I don't believe you can delete the Admin username or modify it. You can change the password however. Just go into Account, click on the Modify icon (the pencil) and from there you can change your password.

In addition from that screen you can add additional users - including more in the Admin role. That way you can set up whatever user name and password you like.

Definitely recommend changing the password to your original username.

Good luck.
jmleteck

Post by jmleteck »

tank you for the information.
an other one? if i download amcrest surveillance pro on a computer far away of my home can i get access to my cam?
jmleteck IP2M-841
papster33

Post by papster33 »

Are you talking about downloading it while away from your home, or doing that while you are at home then viewing the camera while away. To the viewing while away I would certainly think so. I know it works on my phone, and anticipate it would work fine on my computer as well. I have not tried it but see no reason why it would not.

For downloading away from home again I would assume so, but have not tested that. There really should not be a reason that your home network is significantly different than other networks for this purpose. But again, I have not tried to do this.
jmleteck

Post by jmleteck »

tanks again for the info.
i was taking about viewing while away.i know, it works on my phone to but i was wondering if it also work on a pc away from home.
because of all the tuning in the set up I could do.
jmleteck IP2M-841
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello jmleteck,
Yes its possible to view and control the camera using Amcrest Surveillance Pro. You should add the camera to the Surveillance Pro with the serial number or remote IP address (Should set up port forwarding for this).
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

jmleteck

Post by jmleteck »

do i have to port fowarding for both of the option?
jmleteck IP2M-841
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
Port forwarding is not required for adding with serial number.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

jmleteck

Post by jmleteck »

tank you.
jmleteck IP2M-841
Justin_144

Post by Justin_144 »

"Thank you"*