amcrest surveillance pro not opening or installing

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
motown

amcrest surveillance pro not opening or installing

Post by motown »

I've used the same amcrest surveillance pro for several years with no issues. I recently changed from a desktop computer to a laptop so I had to install the app on there. Now it doesn't always allow the download to install. I get this error after I move through the process for installation, Error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files\Amcrest Surveillance Pro\Amcrest Surveillance Pro\DSGui.dll. Click abort to stop installation.

With that being said, sometimes it will work and I can then add my cameras and all is good. Then the next day or 2 it will just stop and nothing will open. It's odd too because others in my office also have laptops and/or desktops and theirs is fine. Nothing is changing when it just goes out and then I can't even click on the app and have any options for anything, nothing even opens to click anything. Are there any suggestions out there?
ITGuy1024

Re: amcrest surveillance pro not opening or installing

Post by ITGuy1024 »

I had a similar problem on Windows 11 and Server 2016. It would install but not open.
I had to run the program in Compatibility Mode (Vista SP2). Been running solid ever since that change.