Amcrest Pro app losing live stream after running for 30 mins?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
dictoresno

Amcrest Pro app losing live stream after running for 30 mins?

Post by dictoresno »

I was using a D-Link camera and the My D-Link app as a baby monitor. I would leave the app running for extended periods of time, hours on end, and the live feed continued for as long as the app was up and running.

I just decided to swap out the D-Link camera for an Amcrest ProHD 2K, model IP3M-941 and downloaded the iOS Amcrest Pro app on both my iphone and ipad. Camera is up and running fine over wifi and I can view it without issue. However, if I leave the iPad on with the app up and live streaming, after about a half hour, the live stream will stop and leave the app still showing on the screen. Is there a time-out setting im missing? I want the camera to continue to keep streaming live on the screen for as long as the app is open for continuous monitoring throughout the night. I understand that sometimes the app may lose signal and need to be refreshed, as it did with the D-Link cameras, but for the most part they would stay live streaming for hours on end.
jack7

Re: Amcrest Pro app losing live stream after running for 30 mins?

Post by jack7 »

There are two Pro View apps you can run on iPad, "View Pro for iPad", and "View Pro" which is for iPhone. You could try both.
In the App Store, you could also try "Baby Monitor for IP Camera". Your camera is supported in the app. http://www.ipbabymonitor.com
dictoresno

Post by dictoresno »

the issue isn't necessarily the app I guess. its the fact that the app keeps shutting down my live feed and it says "network connection error". if I hit the reload arrows, the live feed loads again just fine. theres nothing wrong with my network or the camera. I am trying to figure out where the connection is timing out.
Wallyb

Post by Wallyb »

I am having the same issue with my cameras, was there ever a solution?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Wallyb Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

As of 2019 any camera that moves over to the JS Firmware that is dated in late 2019 or later, meaning 2020 and 2021 are now all subject to a time limit that it is able to stay online..

So the Solution your looking for would be a camera that has older FW from 2018 or older.. However there are other things that can be done with the camera you have now. You could use Amcrest Servalince Pro on PC or MAC, or use the camera with a NVR...

Just to be clear.. The camera should keep picture going and audio if your camera has it and it is enabled. What happens is if you want to access the Menus, or if it is a PTZ camera and you want to move the camera to a preset or pan and tilt then the camera will stop and you will be Required to log in again...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
4toby

Post by 4toby »

It is 2024 and I have three of the IP4M-1041B cameras using the Amcrest Surveillance Pro on Windows 10. The cameras are fine and do not lose connection to WiFi. The Amcrest Surveillance Pro app is the problem. It constantly drops the live feed saying the camera is offline. However, the cameras are still connected to WiFi. It is the software losing it's connection to the cameras. All I have to do is close down Surveillance Pro and open it again, then add the cameras to the feed boxes, and they work fine again. So it is the software that is the issue. I see so many posts stating the cameras are great (I agree), but the Surveillance Pro app is faulty. I don't understand why, after all these years, they still have not been able to fix the software app. The cameras are no good to me without a continuous live feed. I am assuming it is still recording to the microSD card in the cameras, but I don't know. For now, I have to keep closing and reopening the program when live feeds go down.