Amcrest IP2M-841W_UK camera fault

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
andyg

Amcrest IP2M-841W_UK camera fault

Post by andyg »

Hello its been a while since I wrote on your board.
Hoping it can be rectified.
I have a problem with my Amcrest IP2m-84W-UK camera I have lost user functions since updating camera dont know where I went wrong.
I show snippits off one camera thats showing all sybols and the one I have trouble with also when running its a perfect picture then turns itself off after a about 5 minutes.
I have installed updates about a dozen times and the trouble still persists. I have 4 older Amcrest IP camera updated them at the time and they are still running well as I took one of the snippets off the older camera.
The reason I would like it sorted as its newer and better clear picture showing on theIP2M-841 when it is running.

I hope some one can help, thank you in advance.

Regards andyg.
Attachments
amcrest symbols.JPG
amcrest symbols.JPG (26.17 KiB) Viewed 387 times
amcrest missing symbols.JPG
amcrest missing symbols.JPG (20.56 KiB) Viewed 387 times
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest IP2M-841W_UK camera fault

Post by longedge »

In the absence of any other response, can I ask, is the second screenshot taken from an app or a user interface. I don't understand why there is both a 'sign in' AND a 'logout' button.

If the screenshots are both of the webUI in a browser, then are you connecting to the camera on the same LAN and not indirectly such as P2P for instance? Are you connecting to both cameras in exactly the same way?

Screenshots of the same section from both screens might help to troubleshoot.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

My guess is old FW over new fw. Older has more options best to keep 2017 fw for all features. However once you move to new there is no user ability to go back
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Revo2Maxx,
I don't have 841, but my Amcrest/Dahua cameras with newer firmware run Web UI with or without plug-in in Edge depending on whether Web UI page is loaded in Internet Explorer mode.  Is that not true for 841?

andyg,
Your 1st snippet says 1280x720 resolution.  Why are you not using 1920x1080 resolution if you want best image?
andyg

Post by andyg »

Hello longedge,
the snippits are from my older ipcamera that has all the icoms showing.
the other snippit is from ipcamera IP2M-841W this camera had all the icoms as the older one it was after a new update when the trouble started I first did the update some time last year I have been trying to solve it myself I using update files I used the right udgrade file at the time and finished up with this problem the picture when working is perfect i dont want to throw the camera out if it can be sorted.
I have added a snip of my camera version.I forgot to mention the IP2M camera will only work in ms edge
regards
andyg
Attachments
version.JPG
version.JPG (35.9 KiB) Viewed 335 times
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@andyg
There was a good detailed post early today by Revo2Maxx about which IP2M-841 later firmware versions he knew of that could display all the symbols in the Web UI.  That post was deleted much later in the day somehow.  I believe he said the 2020 firmware would work with all the symbols.  Since you posted that you have 2020 firmware, I believe it may work for you, and also probably solve the problem of quitting after 5 minues.
Let me know if you want me to post instructions on how to possibly make your problem IP2M-841 work properly.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

The Stream will turn off after 5 min as all camera do after the update of 2019 or newer.

The only way to remove that 5 min limit is to use ASP, Blue Iris, DVR/NVR or some other 3rd party software that will auto log in for you.

Want the WebUI and all the missing Symbols the best thing is to use IE, or IE mode in Edge or Chrome. It is faster in Edge just have to update the IP you want to work in IE mode every month. IE mode aka IE Tab is said to be supported until 2029.

Be Safe
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
andyg

Post by andyg »

Jack7,
I am willing to try your instructions to to upgrade.
regards
andyg
jack7

Post by jack7 »