Amcrest Doorbell

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
zplugger

Amcrest Doorbell

Post by zplugger »

Amcrest Video Doorbell Camera, 2.4 GHz WiFi Doorbell Camera, IP55 Weatherproof, Two-Way Audio, 140º Wide Angle, AD110, has anybody got one yet? Think this would be a great add on to my nvr

Would this record to my Amcrest NV4108E-HS 4K 8CH POE NVR?
Is there any monthly fee?
Houdini7

Re: Amcrest Doorbell

Post by Houdini7 »

I was able to get this to work with Blue Iris. However I have seen others say that it will Not work with their NVR.
I don't have their NVR so I can't answer specifically, but it does work with Blue Iris, if that helps any...
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

I can't even find in their sales ads if it will integrate with View Pro and be seen with all the other Amcrest cameras. It appears that they wrote a new app called Smart Home for it.
Lithium5150

Post by Lithium5150 »

I have the doorbell and I like it so far. I have it connected to my DVR (AMDV4M8) also. Ony issues I am having with it currently is that the motion detection range doesn't seem to be working properly and it isn't working with my digital door chime correctly. It only plays half the chime tune and then cuts out. I also can't change the chime tune anymore either. I've been working with Amcrest to try and resolve the chime issue but no luck so far. They tell me it doesn't need a resistor so I'm not really sure what else it could be. Remeber to format your SD card prior to installing it. It's not metioned in the manual and the format option using the software won't work unless it's previously formatted. Other than that I have no complaints.
pleblanc

Post by pleblanc »

I recently got one and had some issues with the setup but got it working. Also there is conflicting information on memory cards, one place it says it supports up to 128G and another says 64G either way I wasn't able to get anything more than a 32G to work in it. Support said that the memory card has to be formatted FAT32 and assuming that is true then you are limited to 32G.

Anyway I have it working with the App and the 32G memory, I am not using the cloud. It took a little tweaking to get the motion detection set up to reduce false detections but it seems to be working really well now.

One thing / Question - How do you download videos from it in the App? I don't see any option, if I hit the download on one of the motion detection saved clips all it does it download a photo not the video. There has to be a way to download the video without removing the memory card. Am I missing something?

I am using Synology Surveillance Station and I haven't been able to get it to connect to it for the life of me. It isn't even detected on the network yet I can ping its IP so?

Anyway I have already ordered another for my front door so for the money I am very happy with it so far.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Forgive me I don't have one... So I might be asking dumb questions for people that do...

When you click on he Micro SD card button in bottm right corner and it comes up with the list of things that motion has recorded. you can click them and Press play? Is there no options to DL a clip to your device? Don't mean the Record to your device as that option is there... I just mean when you find one you want to save? Nothing says like Save a copy to your local device. Or maybe when your in that View of the event is there a 3 line drop down menu is there anything in there that offers DL of clips?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
pleblanc

Post by pleblanc »

I can view any of the Card Recordings but as you can see here there is a little arrow at the bottom of the screen which seems to be a download but it is grayed out / doesn't do anything when viewing the recording.
IMG_9864.png
IMG_9864.png (807.59 KiB) Viewed 10912 times

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:55 pm Forgive me I don't have one... So I might be asking dumb questions for people that do...

When you click on he Micro SD card button in bottm right corner and it comes up with the list of things that motion has recorded. you can click them and Press play? Is there no options to DL a clip to your device? Don't mean the Record to your device as that option is there... I just mean when you find one you want to save? Nothing says like Save a copy to your local device. Or maybe when your in that View of the event is there a 3 line drop down menu is there anything in there that offers DL of clips?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

WOW that don't look nothing like what I have seen...

Is that the camera view on the Smart Home App?
Be Safe
pleblanc

Post by pleblanc »

Yes - This is the iPhone App, and my first time using this app ever so I don't have any previous experience. It says it is version (get this) 3.2.1 =)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting lol... Well that explains that I haven't seen the IOS app so I am not sure there might be some type of issue they didn't know about yet... I would reach out to Amcrest tech Support and see if they can Clear things up...
Be Safe