Amcrest Doorbell

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
amcrest168

Re: Amcrest Doorbell

Post by amcrest168 »

it appears my ad110 is bricked and will have to be rma-ed. i think smart home products that are designed to be used with the smart home app may not be able to fully execute every command that comes from legacy apps. once the doorbell gets confused, it locks up. there is simply no way to communicate with the doorbell if the hot spot no longer works. i think it's best for everyone to stick with the home app for managing the doorbell's configuration. legacy apps are only good for viewing so please thread carefully with legacy apps. ;)

@kabon360, may i ask what is the version of your upgraded firmware? my doorbell was on 1.000.00AC003.0.R.R.191113 when it got bricked.
djsteve

Post by djsteve »

My doorbell cam is at the same firmware revision 1.000.00AC003.0.R.R.191113. I wish I had a more concrete answer for you as to how I unbricked it twice. Both times I was sure it was bricked for good but some sequence of playing with the power supply at the mechanical chime brought it back to life. I’m not planning on configuring it via surveillance pro anymore!
kabon360

Post by kabon360 »

amcrest168 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:18 am

@kabon360, may i ask what is the version of your upgraded firmware? my doorbell was on 1.000.00AC003.0.R.R.191113 when it got bricked.
That is the firmware I am on.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

My AD110 Doorbell Camera appears to be defective. I followed the video on getting the camera setup using the Smart Home app on my android tablet. BUT, the step to enable the hotspot fails. I have never heard a voice saying anything when the reset button is pushed. So I did a reset where I held the reset button for at least 10 seconds, and then tried to enable the hotspot. Still no voice and the hotspot is not enabled.

Any suggestions about a next step will be appreciated.

Regards, Jim
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@hawkeye62, is the doorbell getting enough current from the transformer? while i was able to setup the doorbell with 16V 10VA, i later updated the transformer to a 16V 30VA to ensure the doorbell is getting enough current. the mechanical chime also sounded louder with the upgraded transformer.

@djsteve and @kabon360, i will ONLY use the smart home app with the doorbell when i get the replacement doorbell. i've been informed the r&d team is working on an update that was said to allow more setting adjustments for the doorbell. i think it's best to limit ourselves to the smart home app. :oops:
djsteve

Post by djsteve »

I am having a recurring issue with my AD110, and wonder if others are having the same.

After a power cycle or a manual reboot via the app I can access the doorbell functions quite rapidly. The live view is fast to initiate (% count quickly ramps to 100) and the same for recorded captures (I don’t use the cloud and access all my recordings from micro SD card in doorbell). Also, the live view and playbacks are smooth, even in HD.

The problem is that as the day goes on access gets progressively worse. Longer times before videos play (% count rises slowly) and videos begin to stutter. The longer I let it go without a reset, the worse the problems get until at some point I can’t even get videos to load. I have to reboot the doorbell once or twice a day to keep things working reasonably.

Anyone else with similar problems?
djsteve

Post by djsteve »

hawkeye62 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:04 am My AD110 Doorbell Camera appears to be defective. I followed the video on getting the camera setup using the Smart Home app on my android tablet. BUT, the step to enable the hotspot fails.
I had the same problem. Nothing seemed to fix it. After a hard reboot of my router/access points (I use an eero mesh network) the issue mysteriously vanished and I was able to complete the setup. I don’t know what the problem was because no other devices had any trouble attaching to my network, but for what it is worth this is what fixed it for me. Good luck!
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

i find it very discouraging the replacement ad110 struggles with 1080p live view streaming. the smart home app live view frequently shows the "play error, click to refresh" message.
ad110_liveview.JPG
ad110_liveview.JPG (744.46 KiB) Viewed 2922 times
checking the device information on the smart home app takes longer than what i think is acceptable as if the doorbell is not ready to talk to the app or vice versa. smart home app also keeps showing the doorbell as offline even when the NVR shows the doorbell is online and recording. live view on the NVR lags with so many skipped frames. using the smart home app motion detection motion range frequently shows 'failed to load.' support ticket process is equally slow. *sigh*
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Amcrest168: My transformer is 16 volt 30 amps. I did get every thing working, but the unit now appears to be bricked. Has anyone managed to "unbrick" their unit? If so, how? In looking at a typical doorbell wiring diagram, I notice two wires going from the transformer, one to the outside door bell and one going to the "transformer" terminal on the inside doorbell. I guess to power the AD110 down, the AD110 needs to be disconnected from the wires coming out of the wall?

Regard,Jim
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@hawkeye62 , i would suggest using the circuit breaker to turn off the power to your transformer. can you describe how you bricked the doorbell? i bricked mine using the ip config tool to change day/night mode from auto to color--and it killed the doorbell hot spot and reset function.