Amcrest Doorbell

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Thoughts4You

Re: Amcrest Doorbell

Post by Thoughts4You »

I'm using a 128GB card and formatted it using Fat32 Format. The doorbell recognized the entire card.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

geronimo wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:03 pm I can't even find in their sales ads if it will integrate with View Pro and be seen with all the other Amcrest cameras. It appears that they wrote a new app called Smart Home for it.
i have added the ad110 doorbell in view pro both android and ios but live view failed in both android and ios. view pro has added the doorbell as a p2p camera and there is no option in edit device configuration to modify the camera type. i have raised a support ticket for amcrest to investigate.

doorbell live view in smart home app works as advertised.

i'm using a SanDisk 128GB Micro SD SDXC TF Class 10 Ultra 100MB/s.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would make sure to have something setup to keep an eye on your Camera that is recorded to a NVR or DVR for protection to the JERKS that might just steal your Doorbell cam... No Card, or cloud or some type of backup record no way to catch the jerk that stole it lol...

I seen a video not long ago where someone stole a camera from another company that offers doorbell cameras SO I just hope not your only line of sight on the porch...
Be Safe.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

i have multiple ip cameras from different angles facing the court with each saving to a FTP server plus my neighbors' all have their cams recording. it would be nice if the ad110 can also save to either FTP or NAS. yeah i think i saw that video of a couple trying to rip off a doorbell camera. :lol:
dummydome

Post by dummydome »

Thoughts4You wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:48 pm I'm using a 128GB card and formatted it using Fat32 Format. The doorbell recognized the entire card.

Thank you, Thoughts4You. Fat32 format worked perfectly.
I can now use all 128GB of the MicroSD card. I wonder how come the doorbell app can’t format it like that tool can.

The AD110 only supports up to a 32-character password, whereas the spec says it should support up to 64 characters. This is a significant bug that people should strongly consider before purchasing.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hummm really... You going to base a thought between 64 or 32 geez I have 2 PW that is longer the 16 and sorry it don't matter that much... It is going on your Front Stoop, deck, porch or some other fashion to your front door.... Geez....
Be Safe.
kabon360

Post by kabon360 »

dummydome wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:50 am
Thoughts4You wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:39 am Perhaps it's just mine, but the color of the videos seem a bit bland (compared to Ring) even on a bright sunny day. Is there a setting somewhere to make adjustments?

It's not just yours. The quality and color of the picture of the AD110 (even in HD mode) is way lower than all of my other Amcrest IP cams. And there is no way to fix it through the app that I see.

It doesn't support longer WiFi passwords. Support said to change my WiFi password. That's completely unacceptable.

Motion Detection kept going off, even on the shortest range, for cars driving by 60 feet away - it is so annoying I had to turn it off - again, unacceptable.

Box says it supports up to 64GB SD Card. Website says 128GB. But it seems that it must be FAT32 formatted so you are limited to 32GB. So I wasted how much money buying a larger card?

Did they test this product at all?

Quite disappointed in Amcrest. I've recommended many of their nvrs and cameras, but I can't recommend this product.
If you add the camera to Amcrest Surveillance Pro, you can adjust the color settings in the Device Config menu there.
eastjinx

Post by eastjinx »

I have a slightly older DVR -- AMDVTENL8. Will this doorbell be compatible with it?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@eastjinx Hello and welcome to the Forum

Please don't Quote me on this. I am going to guess that it would be under same type software as the 841 in relation to connections with older DVR's I have 2 841's connected to even older DVR then yours and while for some reason I was told they wouldn't work on my DVR because mine is CVI 720p... However it changed over the Encoding on the 2 last channels and shows they are Recording at 1080p at 30fps.. I did trim it down to 25fps No other reason then that is where I normally set them up anyway... I have heard of people using the Doorbell with their NVR... So the guess is that it is ONVIF or other compliant like our DVR's are as well...
Be Safe.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:07 pm I am going to guess that the answer is going to be no. You see while the Camera can use them Volts to run the camera using a Step Down Converter to 5v and I am going to guess that the Amps would be around 500ma... There is a few things going on in there as well. With some Electronics that is going to convert the AC volt to DC because it also runs on DC..

Main thing is that this Camera was built and designed with a Door Bell Transformer in mind. However if your Door bell that you have is say already at the Max Rated Transformer because the installer or builder was Cheap lol. Then to be safe I would upgrade the Transformer... However under normal everyday systems I am sure the Transformer that is already installed will be more then enough to work an Amcrest Doorbell camera...

Edit: So please don't pay no mind to the Whole Ac and Dc power... The Door Bell Camera uses a Normal 16vac to 24vac power... It is in the Camera that the power is changed over to DC... Sorry i don't want to confuse anyone and make them think then Need a DC Power supply it works off the Normal DoorBell 16 to 24vac that is all that is really important...

i found the answer. it appears the ad110 doorbell works best with 16V 30VA.
Attachments
30VA.PNG
30VA.PNG (95.12 KiB) Viewed 1529 times