Amcrest Doorbell

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bit8bit

Re: Amcrest Doorbell

Post by bit8bit »

I have tried all the settings that you talk about, It makes no difference. This is the second camera I have gotten. I had a tech working with me Before the covid. He diapered when it hit. He had sent me a New door bell before that. they sent me a second door bell cameras as he could not figure out why it alert all the time. This one does the same thing. Even set at one, and having only the squares right in front of the door it alerts when a car( during the day) drives down the road 200 feet in front of my home. I even tried just two squares. At night Car lights from the front of my subdivision over 1000 feet away sets it off. So I can only use it during the day. When night is when we really need it.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry to hear that.. I am going to guess that you have Reset it.. Did you Reset it more then Once? I mean I have had issues at times with my Doorbell and I needed to Reset it 2 times for it to work out..

Something I would Try...

Remove from all Recorders and leave on Smart Home App only...
Reset Camera, Setup and see if it works better only working within Smart home app???
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
bit8bit

Post by bit8bit »

I have tryed all those settings, and all different Combinations that you suggest and more. Looking at what you have there mine would alart every time a can went down that road day or night. It would also alart if any lights came on across the street. It just doesn't work as advertised, both the doorbells I got from Amcrest have done the same, works fine as long as I have the alerts (motion) turned off. But then if some one is walking around at night it doesn't help much to tell me someone is out side getting ready to break in
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Understand sorry to hear that.. I did have an issue like that and some others as well.. However after some time going by just dealing with the way life is I said lets try this again.. After already resetting the camera 2 times before and I left it do it thing and did as you said turned off the alerts.. However this time I removed everything from being connected.. Took out the MSD, installed a new 16gb MSD card that was in one of my 841's. I Reset the camera again and even used the same Password as I had because I know there was an issue some time back where someone said they had some issues with ! in the password so I do not use that to make sure I don't have issues related to a digit... Every since I did this I have been ok with alerts and getting notices.. I get Push for real events and sadly I do get maybe 1 to 10 false alerts a night from trucks that come around the corner I am guessing it is caused by the height of the auto seeing cars normally don't trigger it.. So 2 today false alerts, 7 yesterday were caused by Trucks going around corner and 4 the day before so all things in that aspect is within reason for me...

Sorry to hear the camera is giving you issues.. I have multi cameras facing the area the doorbell does and understand not everyone is a nut like I am when it comes to owning cameras lol.. Passion or am I addicted? Most would say the later...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
vixhex

Post by vixhex »

This camera is a messy nightmare, but it's the most functional one I've tested. Some notes for getting it to work with Synology Surveillance Station (SSS)

- Stay on the 20200509 firmware. It has HDR setting and support for SD card whereas the latest one as of 3/2021 does not. If you want night vision IR without crashing/rebooting all night, don't install the doorbell chime box. I just used the same resistor that came with my Wyze doorbell. If I have a chance to measure the resistor type I'll add it later.
- Add it to SSS as ONVIF/All functions, get capabilities and save.
- Event detection > motion detection > disable (this is regular video based motion sensing and will trigger from anything
- I/O Port > Digital Input > check all the inputs, these are your PIR sensor, but on mine only 7 and 8 ever trigger.
- Main Menu > Notifications > Digital Input Detected > enable whatever your notification preferences are
- If you are getting double push notifications on your mobile app, disable notifications for all but Digital input 7 by clicking on "Digital Input Detected", then Edit Schedule > Edit, select each sensor, delete the blue squares on all of them except Digital Input 7
- The biggest downside of doing ONVIF configuration is you can only listen to sounds the doorbell picks up, can't talk back to it. This isn't a problem for me as I plan on using the Amcrest app for talking to anyone who rings the doorbell. Synology will record and notify me.
- Worth mentioning that I have an Amcrest ADC2W and add it to SSS as Amcrest/ADC2W and everything works fine. PIR shows up under the Event Detection tab as it should, 2 way audio works, etc. It's a shame that the doorbell doesn't work as well, but like I said for what it cost on Amazon, I think it's gong to work out in the long run. I've had to reset it way too many times now but feel pretty confident in what i can and can't change now after i figured out that running an ONVIF scan on the doorbell with the IP Cam Pro Roku app causes the doorbells video to not work inside the Amcrest app only (still works everywhere else) until you factory reset it. that was driving me absolutely nuts until I slowed down and kept testing after each change I made.

Hope having all this in one place helps someone, or even me, down the road some day.
palaudawg

Post by palaudawg »

VIXHEX I like you have set mine up on Synology SS. I the used the default setup built in for the AD110 camera and it works fine. Curious why you used the ONVIF setup, were there advantages? I also made the same mistake using the ROKU app. What settings if you don't mind me asking did you use for the ROKU app? I'm getting tired of resetting the device to bring back functionality to the Amcrest Smart Home App, at least for today that is. :lol:
bit8bit

Post by bit8bit »

I too have tried everything on the AD110 for months I have tried working with amcrest both internet, on the phone and all other ways I can find. The continued resets also suggest to me that there is a lot lacking in its functionality.
The continued alerts hundreds over a week, for nothing more than rain or bugs or anything else. The continued dropping of the price on the internet tells it all. I am throwing it in the trash and buying another brand.
Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

vixhex wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:30 pm This camera is a messy nightmare, but it's the most functional one I've tested. Some notes for getting it to work with Synology Surveillance Station (SSS)

- Stay on the 20200509 firmware. It has HDR setting and support for SD card whereas the latest one as of 3/2021 does not. If you want night vision IR without crashing/rebooting all night, don't install the doorbell chime box. I just used the same resistor that came with my Wyze doorbell. If I have a chance to measure the resistor type I'll add it later.
- Add it to SSS as ONVIF/All functions, get capabilities and save.
- Event detection > motion detection > disable (this is regular video based motion sensing and will trigger from anything
- I/O Port > Digital Input > check all the inputs, these are your PIR sensor, but on mine only 7 and 8 ever trigger.
- Main Menu > Notifications > Digital Input Detected > enable whatever your notification preferences are
- If you are getting double push notifications on your mobile app, disable notifications for all but Digital input 7 by clicking on "Digital Input Detected", then Edit Schedule > Edit, select each sensor, delete the blue squares on all of them except Digital Input 7
- The biggest downside of doing ONVIF configuration is you can only listen to sounds the doorbell picks up, can't talk back to it. This isn't a problem for me as I plan on using the Amcrest app for talking to anyone who rings the doorbell. Synology will record and notify me.
- Worth mentioning that I have an Amcrest ADC2W and add it to SSS as Amcrest/ADC2W and everything works fine. PIR shows up under the Event Detection tab as it should, 2 way audio works, etc. It's a shame that the doorbell doesn't work as well, but like I said for what it cost on Amazon, I think it's gong to work out in the long run. I've had to reset it way too many times now but feel pretty confident in what i can and can't change now after i figured out that running an ONVIF scan on the doorbell with the IP Cam Pro Roku app causes the doorbells video to not work inside the Amcrest app only (still works everywhere else) until you factory reset it. that was driving me absolutely nuts until I slowed down and kept testing after each change I made.

Hope having all this in one place helps someone, or even me, down the road some day.
I have my AD110 on my SSS running as native since Synology came out with an AD110 drop down in the menu, so I am not sure what the difference is between that and the ONVIF.

I will say that my new microwave does a # on all my wifi cameras! Made some popcorn tonight and SSS alerted me to a loss of connectivity!

Gotta love shared frequencies. the ASH and AD dont do 5ghz unfortunately
vixhex

Post by vixhex »

What I've noticed is when selecting the AD110 drop down configuration it's not actually using the AD110 PIR sensor even when the Detection Algorithm Source is set to "Camera". if you use the ONVIF config and let it detect, it surfaces the "PIR" sensor tab in the Event Detection section. Other Amcrest cameras with PIR sensors show the PIR sensor tab using their specific drop down configuration but the AD110 just has the "Motion" section.

Synology support actually replicated my findings (and other info) in this thread:

https://community.synology.com/enu/foru ... ply=448141

If you were to leave notifications enabled in the Amcrest Smart Home app and SSS, you'll notice nearly zero false positives in Amcrest and meanwhile SSS will be super sensitive and firing off alerts from any pixel-level changes.

Lol yeah I inherited a wireless network bridge at a work office many years ago and they kept asking why the network would drop out around lunch time every day. Microwave was quite close to the antenna. :)
Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

Never paid too much attention to the PIR but now that you mention it....I need to go back into my AD110 and see if the PIR is there since I put it back to ONVIF. Time to go make some popcorn to test my email alerts!