Amcrest Doorbell

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest Doorbell

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes sadly this has returned to the Doorbell.. What is really odd is that the people that have had 828 there is no update for the camera outside what was already downloaded before being removed.. my other camera will stay 702 for now...

Edit: also there is normal PIR at the top of the Camera and to be honest there are 2 Sensors in there at the top...

Also find it odd that while this number is different from my 828 one that one isn't being offered the update where the 702 one has a Offer for New fw wth...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
TheUsualSuspect

Post by TheUsualSuspect »

Ok, last update from me for a while, as I'm probably just going to keep the configuration the way it for the foreseeable future. I cancelled my Amazon order for the 24[Vac] transformer, and picked up a 16[Vac] 30[VA] transformer from Home Depot. Once installed, I think things are the same or perhaps marginally worse. Both the primary stream (H.264H, 1080P, 15 fps, CBR, 6144 kbps) and secondary stream (H.264B, VGA, 20 fps, 512 kbps) are still annoyingly laggy, freeze quite often, and lose the signal completely on both Blue Iris and Amcrest Smart Home. The secondary stream seems a little better so I have set this as the primary stream in Blue Iris by setting main stream to "/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif". This is only 0.3 MP. Oh well. I knew I didn't want a WiFi camera for this reason, but there just aren't reasonable PoE options right now. Maybe someday.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I have heard that there is something in the works or maybe there was something in the talks for a POE...

Sadly about issues with Stream it might not be power Related it might be sorry to say an issue with your Router to Camera distance.. I would do a Router Reboot and a Doorbell Reset.. I know your not looking forward do doing this however it is said that after FW it is something in need... You can tell this is Truth in 1 sure way...
Run this before doing the Reset, IT will give you a Text doc scroll down to the bottom of the page and click to see how many lines it is.. Then run the same code again in your Web Brower and after the Reset you will see that there is a good 1k or more like more then 2k more lines before going the Camera Reset and in truth that is hard for the camera because it may not have the ability to work right because it is trying to use Trash Code to run...

http://10.0.0.4/cgi-bin/Config.backup?action=All
Be Safe
Dingdongditch

Post by Dingdongditch »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:06 pm it might be sorry to say an issue with your Router to Camera distance..
At this point, there's no question that the AD110 has hardware issues, wireless distance is usually NOT the problem.

I would stop blaming people's routers. The doorbell is built inadequately and sucks too much power for the IR lights. At some point, Amcrest should just replace the units for all the trouble that everyone's been through.

They've already pulled the AD110 listing from Amazon, search for AD110 and you won't find it, but here's the link:
https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/ ... filter-bar

What is weird, is that firmware updates was what generated the problem initially.
The original firmware had no issues, as soon as I updated the firmware, the IR issues/reboots started.

I tried updating the doorbell to the latest firmware, but I think it may have rebooted itself during the firmware update and bricked itself, all because the IR light was on at night :( the IR rebooting issue may have caused it to brick itself during the firmware update.

Amcrest should put the disclaimer: "Please make sure that IR Mode is set to 'Off' before updating firmware" otherwise the device firmware update may brick itself because of the reboot bug.

As with anything computers, all of the stars have to align for things to be right. I have aligned all of my stars, but there's a giant black hole in my way now.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There are a lot of Post that I have posted my Self of others all over the forum that says DON'T UPDATE at night if you have any IR issues... My camera has never had an issue with IR at night I had 1 time in the last month that I had some issues and it was caused by me making an adjustment from within my NVR.. I tried a Reboot, Didn't help. I tried a Router reboot it wasn't the issue, I rebooted my NVR, I reset my NVR and in the end it was an issue where I needed to Reset my Camera.. I Reset my Camera off of something that I did while messing around in my NVR that made some type of adjustment in m y Camera that upset it.. I did a Reset and issue was gone... I have had only 1 Connection issue that was caused by my router not being reset for over 2 months and I have around 50 IP camera devices in my Network with 12 of them being Amcrest Related I have added many things to my network that has caused some of my own issues... However in general if I don't make a Setting change outside of the Smart Home app my Camera is Very stable.. I have even done Videos of working with 2 cameras off my single Power supply to show that they are really not Power Hungry and can work even with one of them connected to a Doorbell and still enough to keep them both going... Now I will say that if there is a Power issue at night it might not be known under normal use without something in the way.. LIke the IR on and having your doorbell chime set to 10 seconds.. I have even had mine set at that and with 4 pushes of the Camera it will shut down that is push wait for the 10 seconds push wait, push wait and push it will go the 10 seconds however before the camera can start to change the Capps back up my camera died mind you this was with 2 camera on the same supply Only the camera that I was pushing the button on died... Aka get a message that it has reconnected to the network...

I have done a lot of testing and a lot of things to try and make my cameras fail.. I have made videos of such and I have shown that a 16.5vac at 2.4amps is enough power for 2 camera to run at the same time with normal use without fail even both in IR mode... Now that is 38va and is little over the normal stated requirements for the cameras...

Sorry you have had some issues with your Camera.. Your right it should be said on the Website that people should wait until day as a Caution..
Be Safe
dustin29

Post by dustin29 »

I understand this is some what of a old topic, but i just recieve my doorbell wifi device model AD110 from amazon and i am having the exact issues you guys are describing reset button does not intiate reset and i just have a flashing blue light no chime when pressing button will not enter hotspot mode. I am stuck and may have to contact amazon about an exchange is their something else i can do first to wake this one up?
noss

Post by noss »

Hi all,

Just got the doorbell and installed it (without chime) with the armcrest adapter since my current doorbell is powered via battery.

However it seems that the motion events thumbnails are not displayed? All the recorded motions show the default blue armcrest image.

Also, is there any way to speed up the liveview? It takes a good 7 seconds to be able to talk to the visitor... Doorbell is 3m from my router and other devices work fine.

Plus I'm not able to download any motion events to my phone, I can click on the download button but the mbs do not go up and nothing happens.
nosaints9

Post by nosaints9 »

dustin29 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:21 pm I understand this is some what of a old topic, but i just recieve my doorbell wifi device model AD110 from amazon and i am having the exact issues you guys are describing reset button does not intiate reset and i just have a flashing blue light no chime when pressing button will not enter hotspot mode. I am stuck and may have to contact amazon about an exchange is their something else i can do first to wake this one up?
I'm having the same issue and considering bringing this thing back. I was only able to reset this thing once, and afterwards it doesn't respond to the button press. Sometimes, it'll try to do the hotspot but that doesn't work as intended either.
shafi2ma

Post by shafi2ma »

I was getting play error for a long time and could not see live view on smarthome app. As trial and error I went to Amcrest surveillance pro software that was configured on my lap top when I installed the door bell and tried to change the encoding what I saw was configured to custom, than I change it to 6144kbps and tried the smart home app to see the live. that worked so my opinion that smarthome app is not capabale of handling all the setting in it.
here is the setting that I made through Amcrest surveillance pro software worked.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (24.2 KiB) Viewed 5708 times
shafi2ma

Post by shafi2ma »

Oh! another thing that I use a 24V 40VA transformer, as the door bell chime and the camera are on the same transformer need more power.