Amcrest Doorbell

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
hawkeye62

Re: Amcrest Doorbell

Post by hawkeye62 »

amcrest168: I have never enabled the Cloud. I also have an Amcrest NVR and the AD110 records routine video there. The other piece of the puzzle is that on the screen that has "SD Card" as an option on the right bottom, displays motion detected video. There is a time line and a row of squares each of which is a motion detected video clip. So, I am pretty sure the motion detected video is being recorded to the SD Card. But why it shows as disabled on the storage status I have no idea.

Regards, Jim
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@hawkeye62, having the micro sd card showing disabled would bother me. i would try to uninstall the app and reinstall to see if the app will now recognize the sd card. if not i will proceed with the next step to hard reset. a working app with a working doorbell should not show a disabled sd card, right? i will get amcrest to replace a unit if it is not showing an active sd card when it is recording. just my honest opinion.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

I got mine finally working within BlueIris. I was working with Amcrest Support about getting it to work better with two-way audio, etc but then the world as we knew if fell apart. Eventually they'll be able to assist.

Take care all! Report your status as I'm worried about you.
DmxDesigner

Post by DmxDesigner »

I've only had my AD110 for 3 months and it's done the exact same thing, Bricked itself, took itself offline, and will NOT hard reset. Essentially operated 90 days then "locked up". This seems to be a reoccurring problem in the firmware that needs to be immediately addressed. So disappointed, but expect amcrest to make good on my purchase. I own 17 of their other IP cameras. This one obviously needs better firmware testing.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@DmxDesigner, in my experience the ad110 works fine but you have to use the smart home app. if you use any other legacy app with the ad110, make sure you don't touch any of the legacy app settings for the ad110 and the doorbell shall work fine.

@hawkeye62, just following up with you. is your sd card now working? forgot to mention the sd card needs to be formatted to fat32 because samsung 128gb sd cards come pre-formatted with exfat. the ad110 reads fat32 formatted sd cards, not exfat formatted sd cards.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

amcrest168 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:10 am
Sammy wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:03 am So the documentation is pretty bad on this. Is the Red Area where the camera will detect and the rest is excluded? I may have mine backwards.
yes, selected zones are in red. i suggest don't go overboard with selection area to minimize false detection. only use the smart home app in setting motion detection zones.

No kidding, it's bad - documentation actually says the exact opposite! Quoting this https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... ell-Camera page...
"To set a motion detection zone, tap on "Clear Zone". Use you finger to highlight the area(s) on the screen that you would like to block motion detection events. Tap on "Save Zone" to save the motion detection zone."
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @GaryOkie and welcome to the forum. good catch. should replace the word 'block' to 'enable.' i have a feeling the author could have picked a better word than 'block' even when the motion detection areas are in small little blocks.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking here for a while picking up gems of advice, and active on other forums (Ipcamtalk, Home Assistant) where the AD110 is being discussed.

My AD110 went absolutely crazy with motion alerts yesterday (several a minute). Cars passing by that were 65' away? Shadows? Who knows what the PIR was seeing, nothing obvious that I could see that was within the shortest range and in the red detection zone. Oh, I mean the red "blocked" zone ;) LOL

I changed the detection zone from a semi-complex pattern to a very simple horizontal rows, rebooted, and now it has settled down. The doorbell was also very slow to respond to SmartHome during this time with frequent connection failures that I rarely had before. Wild guess the AD110 processor was overloaded and couldn't handle the zone processing and streams concurrently?
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Regarding my previous post - the situation that was causing the AD110 going berserk with alerts was most likely due to facing the East with the sun casting shadows across the front lawn and it being very windy. My subsequent configuration changes in SmartHome were done later in the day, with the sun behind the house, so no moving shadows at all. And finally, peace.
EddieColeslawski

Post by EddieColeslawski »

I hope they release a PoE version, I am not a fan of using WiFi for security.