Amcrest Doorbell

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
amcrest168

Re: Amcrest Doorbell

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @LarryN and welcome to the forum. take out the sd card and format it with an industry standard formatting utility, https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/. ensure you are using a sd card from a reputable manufacturer e.g. sandisk or lexar.
JJ82

Post by JJ82 »

When installing my doorbell today, I dropped the bracket screw that attaches the doorbell camera to the bracket. Looked for a while for the screw and gave up. Anyone know how to get a replacement or size of the tiny screw?

Thanks!
josh
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @JJ82 and welcome to the forum. which type of bracket screw did you lost? the philips or the security? if you lost the philips bracket screw, there should be a security bracket screw in one of the zip-lock bags. if you lost the security screw, you might have to use the philips screw for now and call amcrest support to obtain a replacement security screw, or if you have a local hardware store that carries security screws.
JJ82

Post by JJ82 »

i lost the phillips screw but didn't know there was a security screw of the same size that was included in all of hardware. I just went through all of the trash and I actually found the security screw! Thanks for your help!
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

JJ82 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:48 pm went through all of the trash
haha. glad i was able to help.
atlantaboi

Post by atlantaboi »

Mods/@amcrest168 deleted my post....maybe because I was too profane in my post or some shit...

anywho, I was uploading a screenshot and was about to write another Essay on the fixes and my general feedback again

But I made a video instead

https://youtu.be/FtPunNqd_0U
atlantaboi

Post by atlantaboi »

The thing is, when IR mode is on (at night usually), the Camera will keep cycling through these phases.

- Regular IR recording
- Camera Turns Off
- Camera Turns Back On with IR Filter Off
- IR Filter Flips On
- Repeat Cycle

Sometimes the camera will be able to live the cycle, but eventually the constant on and off will draw too much power (?) that the camera cannot get and just kills itself. It's annoying.

Can anything be done to fix this? Can an Amcrest Engineer chime in?
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

atlantaboi wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:44 pm Mods/@amcrest168 deleted my post....maybe because I was too profane in my post or some shit...

anywho, I was uploading a screenshot and was about to write another Essay on the fixes and my general feedback again

But I made a video instead

https://youtu.be/FtPunNqd_0U
@atlantaboi , are you accusing me of deleting posts? i'm just an amcrest customer with engineering and IT background volunteering my time helping other amcrest customers. i am a forum member and not a forum admin for you to accuse me of deleting your post.

first ensure your transformer is 16V 30va. device draws more current when infrared is active hence ensure you are supplying enough current to the device. infrared flipping can also be attributed to other factors like street lighting, wiring and many others to mention.

last, i don't delete anyone's posts in this forum when i'm a forum member myself. have a nice day.
atlantaboi

Post by atlantaboi »

@atlantaboi , are you accusing me of deleting posts? i'm just an amcrest customer with engineering and IT background volunteering my time helping other amcrest customers. i am a forum member and not a forum admin for you to accuse me of deleting your post.

first ensure your transformer is 16V 30va. device draws more current when infrared is active hence ensure you are supplying enough current to the device. infrared flipping can also be attributed to other factors like street lighting, wiring and many others to mention.

last, i don't delete anyone's posts in this forum when i'm a forum member myself. have a nice day.

I am sorry, I thought you were an admin as you have Amcrest in your name.

I am using the transformer included in this kit - https://www.amazon.com/Wired-Contractor ... B07KX6RMWS

It says it is a 16-Volt 10-Watt transformer. That should be enough for IR mode then as described. The flipping could be due to street lighting, but as you can see in my video posted above, there isn't enough ambient lighting. Which is why this doorbell was important, as it's dark as hell around my compound.

This thing works flawlessly during the day
atlantaboi

Post by atlantaboi »

I got yah.........first time I have ever heard of volt amps in my life.