Amcrest Doorbell

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Thoughts4You

Re: Amcrest Doorbell

Post by Thoughts4You »

PSA: the doorbell won't allow longer passwords for the WiFi connection.

The WiFi password on my router is X-length long. When trying to get the doorbell to connect to WiFi, it fails due to it not allowing for longer passwords.
cwohughes

Post by cwohughes »

Lithium5150 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:09 pm I have the doorbell and I like it so far. I have it connected to my DVR (AMDV4M8) also. Ony issues I am having with it currently is that the motion detection range doesn't seem to be working properly and it isn't working with my digital door chime correctly. It only plays half the chime tune and then cuts out. I also can't change the chime tune anymore either. I've been working with Amcrest to try and resolve the chime issue but no luck so far. They tell me it doesn't need a resistor so I'm not really sure what else it could be. Remeber to format your SD card prior to installing it. It's not metioned in the manual and the format option using the software won't work unless it's previously formatted. Other than that I have no complaints.
I'm having this same issue. It starts them abruptly stops, trying to figure out how to make it ring in its entirety.
djsteve

Post by djsteve »

Installed mine today, but it would not connect to my eero mesh network. Tried five or more times, resetting the config process between each attempt. Doorbell ends in a state not listed in troubleshooting description. It gets past the rotating circle light pattern and goes to a 4 flash, pause, 4 flash repeating pattern. Positive I am configuring to the correct SSID and using correct password (intentionally entering wrong password gets the expected audio and light error). I have nine other Amcrest cameras connected to this same eero mesh network without problems. Finally gave up and enabled a “traditional” wireless channel on my gateway (forward of mesh router) and this was successful. However, for many reasons (security, NDVR connectivity, signal strength at doorbell location) I would prefer it be connected to the eero mesh network. Anyone with a similar setup who has similar problems or successfully connected?
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

does the amcrest doorbell camera require the higher amp 16V 30VA transformer?

i checked the amcrest ad110 specification but there is no mention of the transformer amperage requirement.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZEiiVr ... wUBuv/view
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am going to guess that the answer is going to be no. You see while the Camera can use them Volts to run the camera using a Step Down Converter to 5v and I am going to guess that the Amps would be around 500ma... There is a few things going on in there as well. With some Electronics that is going to convert the AC volt to DC because it also runs on DC..

Main thing is that this Camera was built and designed with a Door Bell Transformer in mind. However if your Door bell that you have is say already at the Max Rated Transformer because the installer or builder was Cheap lol. Then to be safe I would upgrade the Transformer... However under normal everyday systems I am sure the Transformer that is already installed will be more then enough to work an Amcrest Doorbell camera...

Edit: So please don't pay no mind to the Whole Ac and Dc power... The Door Bell Camera uses a Normal 16vac to 24vac power... It is in the Camera that the power is changed over to DC... Sorry i don't want to confuse anyone and make them think then Need a DC Power supply it works off the Normal DoorBell 16 to 24vac that is all that is really important...
Be Safe.
pncengineering

Post by pncengineering »

The software developers need to add two things to the app. The first is the ability to set a voltage send time to the chime unit. Like yours, my digital chime is cut off too soon as well. An ability to set the chime duration would be nice, even if it were long (say 10 sec. ) verse short (current). As I haven’t checked with a volt meter, it could also be caused by the “chime kit” causing the issue. Perhaps it’s only receiving half voltage?

The second thing they could stand to add is the ability on IOS to change the notification sound to a doorbell. This would greatly help the user to distinguish when someone is ringing the bell vs something like a Facebook post notification. I don’t know about you, but I don’t like checking every notification all day.
cwohughes wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:45 pm
Lithium5150 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:09 pm I have the doorbell and I like it so far. I have it connected to my DVR (AMDV4M8) also. Ony issues I am having with it currently is that the motion detection range doesn't seem to be working properly and it isn't working with my digital door chime correctly. It only plays half the chime tune and then cuts out. I also can't change the chime tune anymore either. I've been working with Amcrest to try and resolve the chime issue but no luck so far. They tell me it doesn't need a resistor so I'm not really sure what else it could be. Remeber to format your SD card prior to installing it. It's not metioned in the manual and the format option using the software won't work unless it's previously formatted. Other than that I have no complaints.
I'm having this same issue. It starts them abruptly stops, trying to figure out how to make it ring in its entirety.
Thoughts4You

Post by Thoughts4You »

Perhaps it's just mine, but the color of the videos seem a bit bland (compared to Ring) even on a bright sunny day. Is there a setting somewhere to make adjustments?
dummydome

Post by dummydome »

Thoughts4You wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:39 am Perhaps it's just mine, but the color of the videos seem a bit bland (compared to Ring) even on a bright sunny day. Is there a setting somewhere to make adjustments?

It's not just yours. The quality and color of the picture of the AD110 (even in HD mode) is way lower than all of my other Amcrest IP cams. And there is no way to fix it through the app that I see.

It doesn't support longer WiFi passwords. Support said to change my WiFi password. That's completely unacceptable.

Motion Detection kept going off, even on the shortest range, for cars driving by 60 feet away - it is so annoying I had to turn it off - again, unacceptable.

Box says it supports up to 64GB SD Card. Website says 128GB. But it seems that it must be FAT32 formatted so you are limited to 32GB. So I wasted how much money buying a larger card?

Did they test this product at all?

Quite disappointed in Amcrest. I've recommended many of their nvrs and cameras, but I can't recommend this product.
djsteve

Post by djsteve »

Box says it supports up to 64GB SD Card. Website says 128GB. But it seems that it must be FAT32 formatted so you are limited to 32GB. So I wasted how much money buying a larger card?
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/format-la ... fat-fat32/

The above provides solutions to override WinOS limitation of 32GB formatting. I'm running MacOS with Paragon drive support so had no issues with formatting a 64GB card as FAT32, and it is recognized by the Amcrest doorbell.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

djsteve wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:26 pm
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/format-la ... fat-fat32/

The above provides solutions to override WinOS limitation of 32GB formatting. I'm running MacOS with Paragon drive support so had no issues with formatting a 64GB card as FAT32, and it is recognized by the Amcrest doorbell.
Thanks for the Heads up about being able to get your MSD to work with your Doorbell... Sadly not all MSD cards are equal and I think some of the issues of not being able to use some cards is the cards... Maybe some will be able to use your link to get their cards working in their doorbell Camera...
Be Safe.