Amcrest Cloud - Camera settings reset [possible fix?]

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
shaunmurray

Amcrest Cloud - Camera settings reset [possible fix?]

Post by shaunmurray »

Good morning all!

A few days ago I was messing around with my camera configuration and accidentally clicked on the Amcrest Cloud button on my browser. Poof! Off I was to the cloud. And wouldn't you know it; some updates along the way has let me back in!

Rewind to February... I got my new Amcrest NVR and a few 4MP cameras! This is awesome, oh... What is this? Amcrest Cloud? I dig it, I think; let's see what it is all about. (Fast forward a few weeks). This is bunk, I can't connect, I can't configure it for my camera above the garage, so... I'll not use it and rely on my email and NVR for my needs. It's all good.

So. As you see, I enabled the cloud (trial?) for one camera but couldn't use it. So I didn't (or so I thought). Since I've gotten the cameras, months ago, I've been dealing with one camera resetting on me. Changing the resolution to 1080p and refresh rate to like, 10! Random times, for no reason, couldn't figure out why. Opened numerous tickets with Amcrest, had multiple remote sessions and nothing. No fix. No idea what is going on. Why this one camera just won't stay put. They even wanted ME to pay to ship the stupid thing back to them and they'd swap it out (oh, did I mention this camera is on my roof, above my garage - very not easy to get to, by DESIGN!). Therefore, I am what? Trading crap for more junk? Fix the problem... Anyways.

So, the other day, as I stated, I was messing with the cloud configuration and didn't really like the new (old?) interface and the cloud just....is not what I want. So now that I was in the config, I find a delete button - gotta press it, right?

BAM! No more cloud. And wouldn't you know, my configuration is stable. No more random 1080p shananagins. No more blind spots when it goes bonkers on me. So, ok. Cool. Back to square one again. Just my time settings are off. lol

I would ask Amcrest what it is on their website that is really f***king with my configuration. Why? It would appear that there are MANY people out there with similar issues. Dare I challenge them to really ensure that no device is being "controlled" by the cloud and ensure that it is purged of their cameras (that are being reset) and find out that they too are being hijacked by the very company they entrusted to secure their space(s).

This fixed (at the time of this writing) my reset issues. I'm curious who else out there is finding a similar resolution to this problem...