Amcrest cameras not syncing time with NTP server

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
dongillett

Amcrest cameras not syncing time with NTP server

Post by dongillett »

I have about a dozen IP5M-T1277EB-AI cameras. I can not get them to sync to an NTP server. I have tried multiple NTP servers and multiple refresh intervals.

Here is the output from http://[my-camera-ip]/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=NTP

table.NTP.Address=pool.ntp.org
table.NTP.Enable=true
table.NTP.Port=123
table.NTP.TimeZone=28
table.NTP.TimeZoneDesc=Pacifictime
table.NTP.UpdatePeriod=1

I see nothing in the logs and all of my cameras have timestamps which vary by several seconds.

Should I be seeing anything in the logs for attempts, successes, or failures at syncing the time?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest cameras not syncing time with NTP server

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum
So looking at my logs I don't see any time set besides when I make a WebUI connection, and everyday when the camera reboots there is a time set. Now I will admit that my time is also sync with my NVRs however even then there is no log file in the current FW of my newest Amcrest AI Camera. The NVR also don't have an output of when it updates that I can see in the log of the NVR I looked in. It is setup to sync all cameras every 12hrs. The NVR is setup to check time with server every 60min.
Here is my output
table.NTP.Address=clock.isc.org
table.NTP.Enable=true
table.NTP.Port=123
table.NTP.TimeZone=25
table.NTP.TimeZoneDesc=Easterntime
table.NTP.Tolerance=0
table.NTP.UpdatePeriod=30

Picture of my current settings in WebUI!
Screenshot (1890).png
Screenshot (1890).png (130.67 KiB) Viewed 93 times
Be Safe.
Pogo

Re: Amcrest cameras not syncing time with NTP server

Post by Pogo »

dongillett wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:01 pm I can not get them to sync to an NTP server.
Any possibility that port 123 is not open from your camera network to the outside world?

Depending on your general LAN setup, and if you're a Windows user, you could try time.windows.com for your time server and see if you can sync things that way.

I stay within a couple seconds among 20 some cameras, three NVRs, and two Blue Iris servers using the Windows NTP service for all devices.