Amcrest AD110 Doorbell Night Mode Issue

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
acbone710

Amcrest AD110 Doorbell Night Mode Issue

Post by acbone710 »

I recently purchased an Amcrest doorbell camera and have been having issues with the night mode cycling on and off. The image is constantly adjusting brightness levels then eventually switches back to day/color mode for a few seconds then back to night mode. The constant adjustments make the video unusable.

Are there any adjustments that can be made to night mode to get it stabilized? I really like this camera, but if night mode is unusable then it may have to go back to Amazon.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest AD110 Doorbell Night Mode Issue

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Sadly there is no way to make adjustments and others that have tired ended up bricking the camera... Sadly there is a couple of things that can be done but most times isn't something people want to do.. Lower the Light on the porch area. If there is to much outside light past the porch then moving the camera down some can help. Another thing is using a Cover like a Sun Visor over the very top of the camera. I understand not everyone has the ability to do most of the things listed but are things that can help with the issue...

What I did was seeing the lower watt bulb did make it little more stable I found because of placement of where the camera is and the ability for cars to hit the thing with the lights at night coming off the hill I put in a 13watt LED bulb that makes the porch very bright and with such keeps the camera stable at night now in Color mode...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @acbone710 and welcome to the forum. not being able to configure the doorbell's night mode is a known issue and yes i have personally bricked a doorbell which i had to obtain a replacement via rma. i know the doorbell product team is working on a new firmware that will allow more configuration settings but which exact configuration settings remain unknown. i would suggest logging a ticket to let amcrest product team know many folks want the option to turn off auto ir mode at night.
acbone710

Post by acbone710 »

I probably should have provided more info about the actual issue. The big problem is that my neighbor across the street has his house lit up like a christmas tree.
2020-02-13T01-50-01.jpg
2020-02-13T01-50-01.jpg (203.11 KiB) Viewed 4114 times
Unfortunately I don't think there is going to be much I can do about his lights. It seems to do OK when I have my porch lights on (because it never activates night mode), but I was hoping to avoid having them on all night. Guess I may have to consider it though.

Here it is with porch lights on.
Porch Lights On.jpg
Porch Lights On.jpg (235.93 KiB) Viewed 4114 times
acbone710

Post by acbone710 »

I just logged a ticket, so we will see what they say. I doubt they will have a solution, I am really just hoping that it gets fixed in future software updates.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

dang, that is very bright. i think amcrest should consider a time based schedule for the infra red mode similar to amcrest ip cameras and nvrs.

hi @Kwing, i hope you can pass this along to the doorbell product team.
mjzapjr

Post by mjzapjr »

A little late to the party - I have a street light across from my porch and the camera just constantly toggles between day and night mode if you will.

Normally, this wouldn't be an issue as our porch light would be on but we are in termite swarm season so it's a blackout for the house at night.

I will log a ticket as suggested above as well.
duc916

Post by duc916 »

I found that my AD110's night mode cycles on and off ONLY when the camera is being actively live-viewed from the phone app at night. I confirmed this by having another IR camera that has my AD110 in its field of view, and seeing the AD110's IR light toggle on/off when I start live viewing, and it stops toggling when I disconnect from it. It's annoying, but not as bad as it would be if it did that 24/7, which it does not. If it did, there would be non-stop recordings going on at night, and that's not the case.
acbone710

Post by acbone710 »

duc916 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:57 am I found that my AD110's night mode cycles on and off ONLY when the camera is being actively live-viewed from the phone app at night. I confirmed this by having another IR camera that has my AD110 in its field of view, and seeing the AD110's IR light toggle on/off when I start live viewing, and it stops toggling when I disconnect from it. It's annoying, but not as bad as it would be if it did that 24/7, which it does not. If it did, there would be non-stop recordings going on at night, and that's not the case.
Unfortunately I am recording 24/7 via RTSP. I can confirm that it cycles on/off all night, regardless of live view in this configuration.
Dingdongditch

Post by Dingdongditch »

There is a new firmware available for AD110 through the android app that allows setting
Night Vision Off >

1.000.00AC004.0.R.200509
Can you try it out and let me know if it fixes?